Are you a vegetarian?

Are you a vegetarian?

• Fish in the sea, not on a plate. Cow's in a field, not in a burger. I'm a veggie/vegan

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Don't eat meat but eat fish

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • I eat the insides of an animal to please my palate

Votes: 161 72.2%
  • Best place for fish is at the end of my speargun

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • Don't eat fish but eat meat

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

this is something that we have been debating in the back room - for me, i find it a interesting topic to be discussed by divers so as long as it stays relevant and on topic i see it as diving related though not all agree with this

it can be moved to the Surface Interval if OP wishes but i would prefer to leave it out of the Pub as not all members frequent the Pub

cheers

I'd say it belongs in the non diving section, not necessarily in the SI

(I'm in that arguing mood, not enough red meat I guess :wink: )

You really don't make any sense at all buddy. How "competitive" is it when all kinds of fish get caught up in nets? How "competitive" is it when cows and chicken are killed for food? If people are against spearfishing because they don't eat fish...I understand that. However, you seem to throw reason out the window and are refusing to explain your logic.

Also the statement you just made is not congruent with what you said earlier

So which is it...do you want it to be competitive or do you not care how it's caught? Also, if you do want it to be competitive how can you support nets?

Don__t_feed_the_Troll.jpg

Originally Posted by BioLogic
I love food. I eat more of it than most two women my size. And it's all plants.

I used to really like eating meat too, but I decided the costs were too high for my taste. (and no, I don't mean $).

I am so thankful that dark chocolate isn't made from animals!!

Hum, Dark chocolate is produced by adding fat and sugar to cacao.

See I told you it was a religion! The Earth First, left wing, fringe, nut buckets, and they all want YOU to do as they say! In the name of Morality, The Earth, or the truth that they hate people and want you to see it their way! Words like "Exploit" or "Exploitation of animals" are dead give a ways! They see use as the enemy of the earth and the problem! It is the worst form of elitism and it is encroaching into everyday life! No Rodeos, No Horse Racing, No pet ownership, and its just like this thread! It starts out innocent and smiles and then you get lectured on animals "Rights" as if they had any! When they can defend them they can have them, otherwise they were put on the earth to serve us! Our obligation to them is being good stewards! How come its okay to Spay or Neuter? But cutting of tails and Dewclaws is becoming illegal? It is a slippery slope! :shakehead:

BTW, why is this here and not the PUB? What does it have to do with diving?

This one was good for a chuckle. How do you get from 'I decided the costs were too high for my taste' to a religious fanatic trying to bend the world to my left wing fringe nut bucket will? This is more preachy than those expounding that the sole purpose of animals is for us to eat them?

I'm not trying to convert anyone, but I do wish I could answer a straightforward question about my diet without being accused of fanaticism.

People who eat meat don't want others criticizing their diets and telling them how wrong-headed they are. I respect that desire. I would appreciate the same courtesy in return.

Erm no. Why would i be? If there's going to be any sort of fight id rather it was at least competitive.

Try to kill a wild animal then you have no right to moan or sympathy when it fights back.

So by this logic then, when you watch a movie like The Perfect Storm, you're rooting for the hurricane? Or if you read that a long liner or purse seiner boat sank, you're happy?
I've seen you post a lot and respect your views but this was a pretty stupid thing to say. You'll actually be happy if I, or someone like me gets injured or killed spearing.

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

it can be moved to the Surface Interval if OP wishes but i would prefer to leave it out of the Pub as not all members frequent the Pub
cheers

Food forum?

Hum, Dark chocolate is produced by adding fat and sugar to cacao.
which isn't necessarily animal fat. Yeah, often milkfat is involved, but a lot of times there's hydrogenated vegetable oil (which of course isn't so good for you either.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom