Are you a vegetarian?

Are you a vegetarian?

• Fish in the sea, not on a plate. Cow's in a field, not in a burger. I'm a veggie/vegan

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • Don't eat meat but eat fish

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • I eat the insides of an animal to please my palate

Votes: 161 72.2%
  • Best place for fish is at the end of my speargun

Votes: 20 9.0%
  • Don't eat fish but eat meat

Votes: 5 2.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dazle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was on a dive boat recently and on one day they served fish with the buffet style lunch

I was quite surprised to see this seen as we'd all just been diving with them, however I'm a veggie

This seemed to cause a few different reactions from different people so I was wondering how many veggies are out there that dive?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

g'day divers,

please note poll has been added/edited as per OP's request

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I replied as a full meat-eater, but I think I probably eat a lot less meat and fish than most people. I eat meat or fish about once a week, or maybe 5 or 6 times a month. I try to eat fish off of the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Sustainable Seafood Guide.

I had conch for the first time when I was down in Belize, then when I saw them in the wild with their blue eyes peering at me I no longer had an appetite for them.

I'm not vegan as I eat eggs and cheese but I haven't eaten any meat in @15 years.

The redder the better. I go through stages. I see a gross PETA commercial, and go veggie for a bit, but it's so hard when work gives us $100 a month in the cafeteria, and everything has meat.

meat every day

Where's the choice for gimme all the meat and fish I can fit on my plate? I eat meat two meals a day, if not more..Hard to find good fish in the middle of the desert unfortunately.

Videos of the way cattle are slaughtered don't stop me from enjoying a good blood-rare steak, because I am a carnivore.

Chickens are given hormones and raised in filthy, disgusting conditions that make them helpless weak and pathetic. But I joyously lick the BBQ sauce off my fingers after a good grilled chicken thigh, and enjoy a fluffly cheesy omelet for breakfast.

Lobsters, crabs and shrimp are scavengers of the sludge at the bottom of the sea, but they are indescribably delicious with drawn butter.

Fish contain metals that will cause all kinds of diseases, but melt in your mouth fried and dipped in tarter.

I love food. All kinds of it. Hey, there is nothing wrong with a few veggies as a side dish with cheese or Hollandaise sauce. But to limit my culinary life to a few greens would be a waste of one of the greatest pleasures God gave me.

Videos of the way cattle are slaughtered don't stop me from enjoying a good blood-rare steak, because I am a carnivore.

Chickens are given hormones and raised in filthy, disgusting conditions that make them helpless weak and pathetic. But I joyously lick the BBQ sauce off my fingers after a good grilled chicken thigh, and enjoy a fluffly cheesy omelet for breakfast.

Lobsters, crabs and shrimp are scavengers of the sludge at the bottom of the sea, but they are indescribably delicious with drawn butter.

Fish contain metals that will cause all kinds of diseases, but melt in your mouth fried and dipped in tarter.

I love food. All kinds of it. Hey, there is nothing wrong with a few veggies as a side dish with cheese or Hollandaise sauce. But to limit my culinary life to a few greens would be a waste of one of the greatest pleasures God gave me.

Wow, you definitely have my appetite and tastes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom