Are you a stroke?

Are you a stroke?

• Yes, I am a stroke

Votes: 93 79.5%
  • No, I am not a stroke

Votes: 24 20.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'Se7en' is the generic term for a type of car based upon the old Lotus 7. Designed in 1954, and many many replica's in production. A little two seater, which out performs almost anything on the planet... And can be made to fit two full sets of diving gear - but my buddy has to ride his ducati, as there is room for gear, OR for a buddy, but not both.

Hence when jim holcomb commented on the name, I assumed he was a fan of Lotus cars, and the seven in particular...

Mike

Se7en,

It outperforms anything on the planet? It looks like the Lotus Seven in 1960 had a 40 bhp engine, and did 0-60 in 14.3 sec. Top speed 85 mph.

- Warren

Performance is not only acceleration, but how the vehicle operates in turns, stopping and such. For it's time it was quite a wonderful car. It would still be fun to drive, but I must add that the Europa with the modified Ford formula four engine (twin overhead cams) was my absolute favorite. I still have the engine, though the vehicle has long since ceased to be.

Car question... Why do the English like warm bear???

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
They have Lucas refrigerators... :tease:

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
I don't get it....
I thought the English like warm beef???

Is this like a blonde moment, or is thinking not your strong suit? Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk... :tease:

Lucas: Prince of darkness!!!

BTW, for those of you who ARE NOT LRCers (Like the Right Cars), British cars use Lucas electrical parts... alternators, light bulbs, reflectors, ignition (Like Bosch in Germany). It always seemed that the British imports had considerable "down" time, which was usually traced down to one of those Lucas parts. There, you made me explain it and it's STILL NOT FUNNY.

Originally posted by VTWarrenG
Se7en,

It outperforms anything on the planet? It looks like the Lotus Seven in 1960 had a 40 bhp engine, and did 0-60 in 14.3 sec. Top speed 85 mph.

- Warren
Yep - and that was damm fast in 1960.

Todays version - Caterham has the license from lotus to make the seven - is a little quicker. Currently holds the production car record for nurburgring in Germany - beating things like a RUF porsche and Skyline GTR. It literally does outperform anything on the planet.

Mine is 530 kgs, and 165 hp. 0 to 60 in just under 5 seconds... but as pete said, it's the handling that is really special. Oh - and the price... about 10% of the cost of a new 911.

FWIW, the quickest 7 I've been in did 0 - 60 in 3.2...

Mike

Yeah - perhaps that's going too far. I guess it's never going to beat a top fuel dragster in a straight line, or a WRC car on the dirt.

But also note that cars 14, 19 and 35 on the list you posted the link to are all sevens... And if you are really keen, go look up some other records... like 0 to 100 to 0.

Doesn't stress me really - you can pick anything, and find something else quicker. I like sevens, and for the driving I get to do, they are better suited than anything else. For other people, there will be things that are better.

How about - 'it's the most fun for me to drive of anything on the planet?'

That's better :)

Mike

On one hand:

1.) Most of my current rec gear is DIR compliant, and all the tech gear I'm in the process of acquiring fits with DIR philosophy. I've reviewed the DIR-advocates' approach to gear choices, and their reasoning makes sense to me.

2.) I've planned on taking DIR Fundamentals - even before it became the gatekeeper for technical courses - in order to make myself a better rec diver.

3.) I'm now planning on taking technical classes, probably through GUE, though there are other instructors whom I'm considering.

On the other hand:

1.) solo diving - I'd never consider it for technical or advanced rec dives, but I consider it an acceptable risk for easy rec dives if a proper buddy isn't available.

2.) dive computers - I understand and agree with DIR advocates on not using computers in tech diving, but I see no compelling reason to give them up on rec dives.

3.) reg mouthpieces - I use seacure mouthpieces on my regs because the others become quite uncomfortable after an hour or so. Even on tech dives, I have no intention of giving these up - what's the point of adding extra stress for no real gain? This seems like a minor consideration, but it's another example of not DIR, I guess.

By Uncle Pug's definition, I guess I'm not a stroke. But a strictly-by-the-book DIR fanatic would probably disagree.

Either way, I'm trying to keep an open mind and I want to keep improving my diving abilities.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom