Are springs an advantage with open heeled fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the bolt attachments on the XS Scuba spring straps--very easy to move from one set of fins to another if you need to do so.

I found them on sale at Diver Direct. Based upon the reviews on Scubaboard, I bought a pair. Much easier to get the fins on and off, particularly when I have to take my fins off before I get back on the dive boat.

They are a great upgrade, you won't be disappointed. I just saw Blue Reef Pro's at LP for $10. You can't beat that!

I don't thing spring straps are a huge advantage on a boat, but they are on beach entry/exit, especially if the surf is a bit rough.

Got to get them. You will never regret that particular upgrade.

I've got the C-Series springs on my Apollo Bio-Fins XT and love that upgrade. They're fantastic! No more broken fin straps. I never have to adjust them. They feel very secure and yet incredibly comfortable. And my fins go on and come off lickity-split.

Get the spring straps. They don't break. You don't need to adjust them. They are WAY easier to put on and take off.

Yep! What everyone else said. I have them on my Bio XTs, and just got a pair for my paddles, Sherwood Kenesis EXs. Some combat diver buddies are getting them for work. :D

Back
Top Bottom