Are split fins dying out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got off the phone with a good friend of mine down in LA who works for Sport Chalet. Somehow our conversation went to split fins. He said his store only has one pair of splits hanging on the wall, and those will probably be discontinued soon.
Is this true? the end of the split fin craze?
If Sport Chalet is closing out split fins that means it must be for real! They are recreational gear headquarters!
I can't believe it.

Oooh. I hope not.
Fortunately, I just picked up a new pair of Apollo Splits for Christmas. Heavy as hell...but I love them.
Even came in white, which makes checking my white balance a breeze. :dance:

Split fins will disappear right after Spare Airs, cave divers, vacation divers, and aluminum tanks.

Chug
Does not own, but does not mind split fins.

Yep there no longer making them they finally read all the nasty things people post wbout them and all just decided to close up shop

Companies will manufacture, and shops will sell what consumers want.
I doubt they are going anywhere, plenty of people like them. I see them everywhere I go.

Don't you mean companies will make stuff to sell. Shops and ads will tell you what you need, which just happens to be what the companies are making. Then the next year the company will make something new and tell you what you bought last year sucked and you need the "new" thing. Of course there will be tons of big expensive ads to showcase this.

Of course if they listened to the customers they could not push stuff on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom