Are my Fins too heavy for me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckchick:
Another thing to try is to use trim pockets on the upper cam band. These are all things you can play with in a swimming pool. You can try a lot of things there and figure out what works!

Rachel

Another simple way to move weight up is to put an ankle weight around your tank valve. Don't forget to reduce your other weights by a pund too. Between moving your tank up and that ankle weight, bet you'l help your problem a lot.

Don't forget, at the end of the dive your tank goes to positive buoyancy (assuming you're using al 80.

happy diving.

Wedge a hard weight inbetween your mask strap and your head.:D

The ankle weight on the tank valve is an impractical long term solution. I don't like the idea that it could fall off or jam up the valve underwater in the unlikely event that one might want to mess with it. I think the trim pockets on the cam band are much more likely to be of help.

Rachel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom