Are masks overpriced ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

use baby shampoo with the oceanic shadow and you should be good to go. I tried the other stuff and it just wouldn't work on the shadow.

Cressi Bug Eyes - pay about $29.95. I buy them 2 or 3 at a time. They last a couple of hundred dives, and then I chuck them. Not a bad investment, at pennies per dive.

They fit, they're dry and they're black. Three things I believe all masks should be.

---
Ken

I have aqualung mask that was around 90$ and its over 3years old now but its big and heavy. I bought a diverite mask last year. Its just the cheep 2 pece glass for 50$ or so and its small and easy to clear.

Another Shadow anti-fogging treatment you might want to try is to scrub the inside of the mask with AJAX cleanser. Scrub once, rinse, and scrub again.

I used this myself on two different Shadows and have had no fogging problems with either mask since the treatments.

HarveyO:
Another Shadow anti-fogging treatment you might want to try is to scrub the inside of the mask with AJAX cleanser. Scrub once, rinse, and scrub again.

I used this myself on two different Shadows and have had no fogging problems with either mask since the treatments.

Does this not scratch the glass? I can see how softscrub would work because it is less abrassive, but straight ajax?

Walter:
I paid $18 for my last mask at a tent sale. A tad overpriced perhaps, but not too bad.
Jeeze Walter, you must have a one size fits all face.:D

Never had a problem with any of my Cressi Big Eyes fogging. My spit works wonders. Be glad to sell you a 2 oz bottle.

Well IMHO everything in the world is over priced cars,Ipods,houses,food,gas,lawyers,DR's,dentists,pots,pans,clothes,parking meters, so on and on and on.

If everyone worked for less then would prices be so high?

drbill:
Never had a problem with any of my Cressi Big Eyes fogging. My spit works wonders. Be glad to sell you a 2 oz bottle.
If it is possible to love an inanimate, my Cressi Matrix is tops on my list. Is it over priced? Is any scuba gear over priced? Ok, perhaps that $1,400 mask, but for the most part, no one is getting rich selling it. DOM PERIGNON is over priced. SUV's are over priced...

While I don't know this for a fact... I would bet that if you take a $60,000 SUV diving, the windows will fog...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom