are combination octo/power inflators BS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea:
See, I have never had the problems mike is describing. I don't use my inflator to dump. I have a right shoulder and lower right dump I totally use. It's not from practice, its just the way I do it. I don't like the way the inflator dumps. Also because both my lower and upper dumps are on the same time, it has just become second nature to reach for either on my right side. I only use my inflator for inflating or emergency breathing. Keep in mind, this is ME, so yours and others may be different.

It can certainly be made to work.

I like a wing to have the inflator and one pull dump on the lower left. That's it, no other holes in it. My left hand controls buoyancy and stays free to hand off my primary if I need to. My depth gauge is on my right wrist since my right hand is always in front of me anyway.

The pieces go together and don't get in each others way.

Never mind.

MikeFerrara:
It can certainly be made to work.

I like a wing to have the inflator and one pull dump on the lower left. That's it, no other holes in it. My left hand controls buoyancy and my right hand stays free to hand off my primary if I need to. My depth gauge is on my right wrist since my right hand is always in front of me anyway.

The pieces go together and don't get in each others way.

Above was a typo...I meant to say that my right hand is free to hand off my primary.

Mike, I am considering trying a BP and wings. My shop has a set they were going to loan me. What I am wondering, is an air 2 or equivalent available on a BP/wings setup?

oversea:
Mike, I am considering trying a BP and wings. My shop has a set they were going to loan me. What I am wondering, is an air 2 or equivalent available on a BP/wings setup?

I hope not. LOL

I think you'd have to put it on yourself. I don't think any bc comes with them already on do they?

oversea:
With scubapro you can get it, but I don't know of any others.

oversea,
Where are you located?

I used to use a Scubapro Knighthawk with Air2. I switched out and now dive with a long hose and bp/wing.

If you're near, I would be happy to bring my equipment in to allow you to test dive in them.

hantzu

Look into The Atomic SS1. You will not believe how easy it breathes... even at depth . Also it has big ergonomic buttons that make it very easy to use.

cali, do you have an ss1? I am thinking of getting one, does it do well at depth? what are its limitations? so far most people have told me its unacceptable for tech diving.

funkyspelunker:
cali, do you have an ss1? I am thinking of getting one, does it do well at depth? what are its limitations? so far most people have told me its unacceptable for tech diving.

I wouldn't use it for tech diving either. If I was going "tech" deep I would definately go with a spare Reg. but I like it alot for the recreational diving I do. It's as good at depth as any reg I've ever tried (my main Reg is a Aqua Lung Legend LX Supreme) All the obvious functions are great. I've done safety practices with it and I find it to be pretty simple to use in those situations as well. I may be wrong but I think they make a titanium version that's for Tech (Nitrox) use but don't quote me...call Atomic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom