Aquasafari Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I dove with Aqua Safari 1 1/2 years ago and really enjoyed them (and NO I don't work for them and DO NOT know anybody that works there). A will also have to agree with the other...it is strange to pull up a thread from 2005 and bash????

well, we just got back from Cozumel, and we dove w/ them all last week. They are top notch in our opinion. We had a whole boat and the same divemasters for the week. They were really professional and attentive to our needs. One day I just didn't feel right after my first dive and didn't do the 2nd dive of the morning. the next day each divemaster and boat hand came up to me and asked if I was alright.

Also, on the 3rd day, my 1st stage was badly leaking. We had just had my regs. in for servicing in Jan. and even did a warmup/refresher dive in the local pool. No problems then and on the first 2 dive days. Joaquin worked and worked on my regs, and in the end, before the dives, they lent me their extra reg to use, til mine could get fixed (we had our tools at the hotel). turns out the O ring in the 1st stage was pinched and flat. We would use them again! Maggi

They didn't respect me as a new diver and they told me to go dive at with another shop because they weren't comfortable with my diving experience and concerns.

Sorry for late message. But I am very interested in why AS refused you. AS trains open water student divers everyday, so AS has no reason to refuse you and not to respect you just because your diving experience.

If you remenber why AS refused or If you remenber what you requested to AS , I would like you to write it on SB.

thanks

Sorry for late message. But I am very interested in why AS refused you. AS trains open water student divers everyday, so AS has no reason to refuse you and not to respect you just because your diving experience.

If you remenber why AS refused or If you remenber what you requested to AS , I would like you to write it on SB.

thanks

Judging from his demeanor in here, my guess is that it was his attitude that they weren't comfortable with.

Judging from his demeanor in here, my guess is that it was his attitude that they weren't comfortable with.

Agreed...there isn't a shop on the island that would turn away a diver because they are a new diver. There is without a doubt much more to this story...and I'm going to say it was probably his attitude as well...based on his posts here. Another possibility is that they required him to have a private DM due to his concerns as he said...and he didn't want to pay for it...unless he shares the whole story, all we can do is speculate :D

ggun/Chiristy
Thank you for your replies.
I feel regret at criticism without reason.

I have used Aqua Safari, from their Cozumel Palace office, and found them to be an EXCELLENT dive op. I used them on my very first dive after getting certified while in Cozumel and on that 2 tank trip, they went out of their way to make sure that I felt comfortable and safe. The dive master asked me if I felt comfortable with him keeping any eye on me to offer his assistance and guidance and I quickly said yes.

It was a wonderful experience and has led me to pursue even more diving. The rates they offered me at the Cozumel Palace office were cheaper than anywhere else I've seen so I can't imaging a better rate from the downtown office.

Also, on my last dive trip we also used ScubaTony and he offers another quality experience. I like him because he only takes a maximum of 6 divers and really customizes the dive profiles to fit the divers.

You should have no problems with Aqua Safari...

I dove with them 2 years ago, since they had the best recommendation on this site. We had a great time. They sent out a boat for just two divers including a guide who was a university trained marine biologist. Saw a shark, a huge lobster, Cozumel toad fish and much more. a fantastic dive, hope to go again this week. Great people great equipment, fair prices. There bank is not big on travelers checks, unless you have perfect match signature, but they gladly take cash and charge cards.

Well the consensus with the exception of one seems to be that Aqua Safari
is a class organization that takes good care of it's customers. I definitely
agree with that but I still defend someones right to post what they perceive
to be a bad experience on a public forum whenever they feel like getting
around to it. On the flip side, if the guys intention was to hurt Aqua Safari's
business to get even with them for whatever he blames them for, I'd say it
backfired because he brought out page after page of endorsements for them!
:thumb:

I'm just amazed that so many people posted to respond to that one guy's
opinion. After all these responses, that poor dead horse is starting to look
pretty bad!
:deadhorse:

I've dove with Aqua Safari one week before Wilma hit! They are an excellent dive op. Very safety oriented, great dive masters. The boats are slow but plenty shade from the sun and what's the rush, your on vacation! I've met some great people on slow boats. I'll dive with them again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom