Aquasafari Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow, why is EVERYONE so hostile to the reefer. the OP asked for opinions either way - good/bad. I had a horrible experience with them in 06. would NEVER use them again. i have even Never written on any boards before but felt i had to due to the posts i'm reading and the extrememly unsafe experience i had. it was easily the worst dive experience in my life anywhere in the world. never mind the somewhat cocky, greedy owner, the dm left us behind and we ended up several hundred yards from boat. thank goodness for the stranger with the camera who stayed with us as it was hard to get their attention in the choppy water when we surfaced......now don't all bash ME because i had a bad experience and won't recommend them....get a life!

Wow. Yet another first time poster with a smear job on Aqua Safari as their one and only post in here. I'm having a deja vu.

Wow. Yet another first time poster with a smear job on Aqua Safari as their one and only post in here. I'm having a deja vu.

On days like this, Yogi Berra had it right "deja vu all over again":wink:

Tim

I thought there had been plenty of good things said about AS and was not going to comment, but duness slam on "the somewhat cocky, greedy owner" is out of line. Over the past three years I have logged 60 dives with AS. I had a VERY difficult wife. After our 2nd trip with AS I receive 2 emails from the owner Bill. He was professional and gracious-in my opinion. Our last trip with AS my wife tried to wrestle with the DM at 80ft. He handled this as a professional.
Once I recover financially from this divorce, I will be back diving with AS.
Yes Juaquin is great, as with Chino, Miguel,all of them

Thanks for the support Gordon. It appears we are the minority, but that's just fine with me. What the undemocratic dive nazi's on this site continually forget is that everyone has different experiences, good AND bad. Otherwise, what it the point of these forums? I just got back from Bonaire, and in MY experience, it was the best trip and dive destination I have ever been on, and I have been on many in my 12+ years as a diver. I would recommend Buddy Dive Resort and Wanna Dive, especially. They were great to me. Now, some people might not have had the same experience as me and that is ok. The bottom line is, people have different chemistry with different people. BTW Gordon, if that's same owner at AS, I totally agree with you as to how you described him. There was a lady working there too, I can't remember her name and don't want to, who was just as unpleasant, BUT I had no problems with ANYONE else on the island ANYWHERE. Regardless, I have never returned to Cozumel and never will. For me, there are far better places to dive, and I still don't recommend Cozumel for beginner divers due to the almost always constant currents there. If you are a beginner or advanced diver, Bonaire should do it for you. Again, dive nazi's, just my opinion, and we are all entitled. Also, to who/whatever made a comment about my username, I intentionally chose that moniker because I knew someone would use it in their attack against me. Its entertaining for me to see that people will use any irrelevancy and tactic in an argument, debate, etc., in attempt to "win".

wow, why is EVERYONE so hostile to the reefer. the OP asked for opinions either way - good/bad. I had a horrible experience with them in 06. would NEVER use them again. i have even Never written on any boards before but felt i had to due to the posts i'm reading and the extrememly unsafe experience i had. it was easily the worst dive experience in my life anywhere in the world. never mind the somewhat cocky, greedy owner, the dm left us behind and we ended up several hundred yards from boat. thank goodness for the stranger with the camera who stayed with us as it was hard to get their attention in the choppy water when we surfaced......now don't all bash ME because i had a bad experience and won't recommend them....get a life!
A correction please...
My thanks to Duness for the support, not "Gordon".
RM

Back
Top Bottom