Aquasafari Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with Aqua Safari in March, 2005 and had good experiences with them. Like others have said, I thought they were very safety orientated and professional. The only dive I didn't like was a freebie they offered as part of a package. That one was a shore dive from in front of their shop to a sunken plane in the harbor. Getting in was OK (off the peir) but getting out was a struggle trying to climb up the rocks with surf crashing on you.

You guys are showing your age... it's not reefmadness... it's REEFERMADNESS... Oh just ask your parents and watch them snicker...lol... As for AS, I dive with them each trip to COZ and know that if they are uncomfortable with you and your skills, they have a responsibility to the others on the trip to pass on taking someone... Not a bash against new divers but how many have seen the know-it-all, done-it-all with a C Card that the ink still smears if it gets too close to water... The question boils down to the same question anyone who has taken instructor-level training asks each day... would you trust your child or loved one in this situation... With Aqua Safari, you bet... And ask for Joaquin... he's the best

I spent a week with this dive operator in June 2007. I can only recommend them highly. They were very safety conscious and professional. The only gripe was that theire small fast boat was a bit tight for the 8 divers on board. Otherwise they were excellent.

I stayed at Cozumel Palace and they were the dive op. on site, but not to say that I did not research thoroughly before going out with them.
They had tones of repeat customers and are the oldest operator on the island.
There are others just as good or maybe better, but for the money they were awesome and included a third tank (afternoon) dive for a reduced rate.
Please make sure you book ahead of time as they booked quickly.

Hope this helps.

C'mon leave ol reefmadness alone. I had a similar situation about 30 something years ago with a dive op in Hawaii...Hmmm maybe it was the Bahamas, no definitely was in the Keys somewhere. But dang they were rude or something, just no respect for my diving prowess. Told them I had well over 5 dives too !!! :shakehead:

Those guys in Bonaire were rude to me too, asking if for a "card" or something like that. After all the Sea Hunt episodes I watched and they think I need a card.

They didn't respect me as a new diver
Ha, I don't respect you either.

reefmadness:
and they told me to go dive at with another shop because they weren't comfortable with my diving experience and concerns.
They must have had an excellent reason to refuse your business.

It was many years ago, not sure if its the same people.
Many years ago, and you are just now getting around to complaining about them here?

I'm pretty sure the OP picked a dive op, went to Cozumel and went diving and since he/she hasn't been online again in almost three years, isn't likely to be reading any of this. I doubt the reefmadness person cares what any of us think or say and we are just keeping this thing alive for him/her, so unless we all want to keep posting just to read our own posts, this is kind of pointless. But, hey, thanks for playing!!!

Thanks for the support WF,
We all have different experiences. I've had good ones too.
No point to these forums if you can't voice your opinion and experiences.
Maybe the people who don't like what I had to say used to work at Aqua Safari or had friends that worked there, who knows?
Either way, if people post and ask questions, they need to hear good and bad, to make an educated decision, I don't want anyone to go through what I did.
(Also, to whoever it was that compared my review to "terrorism", please get some sleep and can the drama, no need for that, thanks)

hhmmm Let me see.

4 posts total.

3 of them personal attacks against Aqua Safari and then this one defending the attacks.

Great start towards making yourself welcome around here buddy.

Thanks for the support WF,
We all have different experiences. I've had good ones too.
No point to these forums if you can't voice your opinion and experiences.
Maybe the people who don't like what I had to say used to work at Aqua Safari or had friends that worked there, who knows?
Either way, if people post and ask questions, they need to hear good and bad, to make an educated decision, I don't want anyone to go through what I did.
(Also, to whoever it was that compared my review to "terrorism", please get some sleep and can the drama, no need for that, thanks)

Uh....that would be me and I have had plenty of sleep...but thanks for your concern....

just can't figure out why you would drag up two old threads where the original poster has probably already gone to Cozumel and come back and possibly gone again....just to bash a dive op.....makes no sense:shakehead: and this happen to you several years ago....get over it and move on....

opinions are fine here we all have them :wink: but one from something that happened several years ago :confused:.. maybe you were part of the reason the op behaved the way you say they did...IMHO.....peace out :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom