Aquarena Springs question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, just to keep everyone up to date. I met out at Aquarena today with some folks from Texas State University and Aquarena Staff.

They finalized our installation plans for the camera, cables, underwater housing etc............

They are about a month away from completing the construction so that we could possibly plan to do our part. This is the construction underway at the Landing, the new diver facility with locker rooms, vanity mirrors for the woman, warm showers, easy access to the water at deep hole.

I will keep everyone informed so anyone who wants to attend and help out can. Thanks for all your kind words. Talk with you soon.

Shawn O'Shea

Ok, just to keep everyone up to date. I met out at Aquarena today with some folks from Texas State University and Aquarena Staff.

They finalized our installation plans for the camera, cables, underwater housing etc............

They are about a month away from completing the construction so that we could possibly plan to do our part. This is the construction underway at the Landing, the new diver facility with locker rooms, vanity mirrors for the woman, warm showers, easy access to the water at deep hole.

I will keep everyone informed so anyone who wants to attend and help out can. Thanks for all your kind words. Talk with you soon.

Shawn O'Shea

This sounds great. My buddy and I are going to get certified at Aquarena this weekend. Can't wait to volunteer there :)

Wife Becky and I were there last Wednesday. We did a tour, glass bottom boat and spoke to the Parks personnel. We were remembering when this was one of the largest amusement parks in Texas and the Southwest. The underwater pavilion will be dismantled and removed next year. The long range plans call for returning the park to its original habitat. We plan to do the certification later next month, hopefully. Donations are very appreciated. The Landing was coming right along. It will be a very nice upgrade.

I understand to dive here one must go thru some sort of course.
True? Can someone elaborate on this?
Thanks a ton,
Spencer

Did anyone pass along the website for classes? If not here it is Divingscience

See you diving,

Shawn O'Shea

Back
Top Bottom