Aquarena low flow conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got certified this past weekend. We had Erica as the classroom instructor, Ron was out of town. We were taught averything that Archman mentioned on dive #3 except measuring visibility. There was a lot of talk about the low flow, but no one mentioned any restictions for divers because of it. We spent 20 min. "Finning" Cream of Wheat. We had 11 divers in the class. I think there were 5 perfect scores in the obstical course. I'll probably be back next weekend.

Brenda and I were cleaning underwater camera Saturday morning and I would say the horizontal visiblity is 1/2 of what I am used to with normal flow rates at the springs.

Remember you too can help keep underwater camera housing clean by using a non abrasive cloth to scrub it with and keep the algae off the housing. Just inform the pic on your way to deep hole or arch site. It will help keep it clean for the publics viewing of the spring via the web.

You can find underwater camera web page at:

Life Aquatic Underwater Web Cam

I met a great group of Science Divers volunteering to help out Saturday. Two new interviews that will be going on the web page. One with Faustyn Langowski and Jean Jones, and another with Brenda Reagan.

I will post when I get back to work and have the web department upload these interviews.

Shawn, it was good seeing you again. I took some photos at deep hole a week ago or so. Got a decent shot of a large turtle. I wondered about cleaning the underwater housing, so thanks for the information. I may head out again Saturday morning. The flow is terrible, vis is reduced, but I still love it! The PIC told me that without flow increases diving may soon cease at spring lake.

Mike Seabolt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom