Aquarena low flow conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron also mentioned that it was the drought in '96 that allowed them to knock the hydrilla out of the lake

That's odd. I was pulling heaps of hydrilla out of Spring Lake in 2004, and it only seems to have been essentially pruned out within the last 3-4 years. I wonder how much worse it was in the early 1990's. How low was the spring flow in 1996?

That's odd. I was pulling heaps of hydrilla out of Spring Lake in 2004, and it only seems to have been essentially pruned out within the last 3-4 years. I wonder how much worse it was in the early 1990's. How low was the spring flow in 1996?

I have only been diving there since '05 and it is rare that we find any hydrilla. Personally, I think that they should remove "hydrilla removal" from the required tasks to advance from an A1 diver.

I live on Onion Creek and remember '96. Not even close to this drought, but it was bad. In 1996 the creek had 2-3 feet of water. Today one foot is the best you can hope for.

Last edited:
I plan on doing the Scientific Diver course eventually, but I need to get some details on how often you are able to dive (ie: volunteer) after, etc.

It's really close to me as well, so it would be great to be able to dive there more often (only have 3 dives there).

Once you complete the course, you can dive pretty much as often as you like. A dive request is required to be submitted. This low flow is the first time I have seen them limit the amount of diving in the lake.

The course is worth taking and diving there is always fun.

Cool, I keep hearing similar stories, so I will probably do it once I finish my specializations and Rescue Diver. :)

I plan on doing the Scientific Diver course eventually, but I need to get some details on how often you are able to dive (ie: volunteer) after, etc.

It's really close to me as well, so it would be great to be able to dive there more often (only have 3 dives there).

I have dove about so much that I lost count. Last year I figured the cost per dive for me is down to 50 cents a dive from the original charge for the class.

So it is up to you as to the amount of time you have to participate.

I think I have a great dive to cost ratio over the last 3 years.

:blinking:

I could participate a lot actually, probably 4-8 times a month easily. Aquarena is pretty close to where I live as well (about 25mins away) which makes it even more attractive. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom