Raja Ampat Trip Report – La Galigo – December 20 Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happy New Year! Thanks for posting the nice trip report. I enjoyed seeing the pictures & video. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the trip.

I did the Ultimate Raja Ampat, Christmas - New Year trip with La Galigo a year ago, covering the south & north Raja Ampat. Fendy was my DM. My next trip with them is this coming November, crossing from Ambon to Sorong, passing the Banda Sea, as posted here: One space on La Galigo Liveaboard to Banda & Raja Ampat in Nov 2017 with 15% discount

Misool, especially the Magic Mountain dive site, is the place you don't want to miss on your next trip to Raja Ampat.

jjjason1
Great stuff! What sort of camera setup were you shooting those stills and video on?

Thanks ocprone!

I was shooting with a pretty simple set up - have an Olympus TG4 and casing, along with a Inon Z240 strobe and an iTorch pro 6+ video light. I have a wide angle wet lens which helped capture a much wider field

Here is a short video of our journey in Raja Ampat!

That was one of the most pleasurable dive videos I've watched in some time! Thank you!
Yes, you must return and see Misool area as well.
We're you on an 8 day trip instead of an 11?

Hi!
That's just amazing! Thank you for sharing! :)
I was actually looking for reviews of boats going to Raja Ampat in november, I have found loads of little reviews for La Galigo on here La Galigo Liveaboard Review – Raja Ampat, Indonesia Dive Boat Reviews but no review as detailed as yours! That's great, now I have all the details in hand to make a good choice :)

The other vessel I was considering is the Mutiara Laut... If anyone has ever been on it I would love more reviews cause this one truly doesnt have many of them. Like there are none on liveaboard.com ... ! I know this is a long shot but who knows :) Anyways, both vessel have the same passenger capacity, the price differences is there but not to bad.. but now I'm worried as I read in your reviews that for la Galigo, which is newer, it shows signs of age and even tho it's not bad, it's enough that you mentioned it, and the Mutiara Laut is even older.. :O

Anyways! Thank you for sharing the review and amazing shots! Safe travels :)

Hi!
That's just amazing! Thank you for sharing! :)
I was actually looking for reviews of boats going to Raja Ampat in november, I have found loads of little reviews for La Galigo on here La Galigo Liveaboard Review – Raja Ampat, Indonesia Dive Boat Reviews but no review as detailed as yours! That's great, now I have all the details in hand to make a good choice :)

The other vessel I was considering is the Mutiara Laut... If anyone has ever been on it I would love more reviews cause this one truly doesnt have many of them. Like there are none on liveaboard.com ... ! I know this is a long shot but who knows :) Anyways, both vessel have the same passenger capacity, the price differences is there but not to bad.. but now I'm worried as I read in your reviews that for la Galigo, which is newer, it shows signs of age and even tho it's not bad, it's enough that you mentioned it, and the Mutiara Laut is even older.. :O

Anyways! Thank you for sharing the review and amazing shots! Safe travels :)

I too am considering La Galigo but the recent bad review is problematic. Hopefully someone will review a trip since the dry dock work was done. I'd like to give them a chance in view of their great pre-booking help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom