Aquamundo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i purchased a backplate there to fit my oxycheq mach V wing.
they have two different plates at polished SS and a mat finished SS plate.

The mat finished one cost me 3800p and it has a slot on the bottom, 3 holes on the top.
the polished one only had one or two mounting holes.

For the price, it was a good purchase.
Before using it, i did spend 90mi w/ some course sandpaper. It had very minimal finishing done to it, but nothing 50p of sandpaper and a few red horse couldn't fix :)

Hi ThatsDeep,

I was offered with a fair price of a used Aquamundo the same as you’re using. From my research I’ve noticed that most people prefer donut rather then horseshoe with the same ‘traped air’ reason.

I would like to asked your first hand advice weather to go for the older model or to go for the newer one which is a donut type. Personally I would like to take the older type but if I have to sacrifice the performance then I would rather go for the newer model.

Hi ThatsDeep,

I was offered with a fair price of a used Aquamundo the same as you’re using. From my research I’ve noticed that most people prefer donut rather then horseshoe with the same ‘traped air’ reason.

Hi Akonek,

Welcome to Scubaboard!

The discussion re donut vs horseshoe has always been a point of contention. To a certain degree, look at the discussions put forward by coolhardware52 (Tobin owns DSS, a manufacturer of wings and plates).

That said, I'll have to admit that all my wings are donut types... :D

i guess the question is, would you recommend aquamundo gear in general, or just some things?
i feel their jacket style BC's are good,
how about their Regs or backplate BCD???

thx, its alot of money to spend, i want good stuff, but don't wanna spend an extra 10k just to have "mares" stuck on the front
We use the Sparten BCDs and the basic DIN regs for our rental equipment and considering the wear and tear they take (as with all rental equipment) they seem pretty sturdy. i would happily replace with more stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom