Aquamundo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oxycheq wing from scubatoys: $285 - 10% for being a SB member = $256.50 = ~P12K. It'll probably be a bit more in the PI (shipping and all...).

Wow, that wing looks almost identical to the Aquamundo. It also has a zipper for access to the bladder running around the side right? Even the placement of the brand name is on the exact same place. I'm going back to the shop tomorrow so I will do a closer visual comparison and ask the manager if he knows more.

Thanks for the tips!

To be honest, that shot is a bad angle cause the mach series wings look more like this: OxyCheq Mach V Extreme Series Wing reviews and discounts, OxyCheq. The oxycheq's zipper runs on the inside ring for bladder access.

Hope you find what you're looking for. If you're trying not to break the bank with spending on a BP/W rig, then I'd jump on that 13K aquamundo deal. The only thing cheaper would be a secondhand rig (which don't come very often and not as cheap).

i also use an oxycheq mach V that i got from diverspoint with a SS plate. no complaints. when travelling, i use a nice 2nd hand halcyon aluminun BP/w which i got from Larry.

Just wanted to follow up; I went ahead and bought the Aquamundo BP/W, and took some pictures:

MCL_0442.jpg

MCL_0443.jpg
MCL_0444.jpg

Some extra details:
* 30 lbs of lift
* 1 piece 2-inch webbing
* 4 D-rings
* 1 purge valve, bottom left side of bladder
* Backplate cutouts only for single tank configuration

It's pretty comfortable, although I might still opt to get a lumbar back pad, also cause I want a extra pouch to stow my surface marker. The nylon is not as thick as with the OMS bladders, at least that's my judgement from touch.

Looking forward to going to Subic on the weekend of the 9th for some wreck diving, an excellent chance to try this baby out :)

Thanks again for the tips!

overall looks pretty decent - and at that price excellent

it's a horse shoe wing pala... not a donut... no biggie except when you use the dump valve you may get uneven air pockets as the wing tacoes around the tank... it shouldn't kill you but always good to know that it can happen - especially when you're wondering why your left hand is doing a safety stop at 20' and your right hand at 15'

you won't need a lumbar pouch for the SMB... tie on a couple bungee cords on the bottom holes of the plate and insert it there, it's pretty secure and is easy to deploy - works excellent for me and there should be some photo samples of what i'm talking about somewhere on SB...

enjoy!

Jag

Looks awesome, you're definitely going to have fun with that. A good buy at that price. And STA-less...nice.

I personally clip my SMB and reel to my butt D-ring. The lumbar pads work just as well - it's all about personal preference.

Have fun in subic!

i know this is an old post but hey whatever :)
anyways looking at this same rig but also considering their donut setup.
i've never owned a wing before, but have dove w/ them and love it.

the 360 has some back padding too but is a a little bit more. is diving w/ a 360 only a real help if you worry about "tacoing"

thx :)

i know this is an old post but hey whatever :)
anyways looking at this same rig but also considering their donut setup.
i've never owned a wing before, but have dove w/ them and love it.

the 360 has some back padding too but is a a little bit more. is diving w/ a 360 only a real help if you worry about "tacoing"

thx :)
i use an EXD wing w/c is larger than chip's Mach V and maybe even a bit bigger than the aquamundo (haven't seen one live before)

but i've never had problems with tacos - i know it happens but it doesn't affect my dive (not that I notice if it did)

much less taco on a narrower wing - i'd still go w/ a donut vs horseshoe because personally the physics makes more sense

Jag

just as an aside I was in nautilus (pasay road) the other day and saw new model of Poseiden thats looks same as above, Not sure the price but you can call Solomon

Back
Top Bottom