Aqualung US Divers knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncfnp

Solo Diver
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
A dear friend that I rarely get to see met me for lunch today and asked if I would like a knife they found while cleaning out her father's house in Florida. She recognized it as a dive knife and thought about me. I don't know anything about it and a quick online search didn't reveal much but old ebay listings. One thing I can tell you is it weighs about 1.5 lbs and has quite the edge.

So thought I would post here to see if there is any interesting history to this knife.

Thanks.
IMG_2132.JPG

US Divers (now Aqua Lung) sold that knife for many years.
I have one like it and I also have the by-centennial edition with red, white, and blue colored handle.

Used that same sheath for years. I originally had a flatter different sheath I bought in 1978, I would guess that sheath is from 1980 or so.. I had a similar, but not identical knife.

@scubadada or @Luis H? Do you know the years it was manufactured and sold?

The first catalog I see it called the Sea Hawk is in 1969. Before that there was a similar knife, but it was called the Master Knife.

The last catalog scan that I have is 1983 and both of those knifes are still offered then.

You can download many of the US Divers catalogs from VintageDoubleHose.com

I had one just like it, mine was from 1970. Mike Nelson would be proud

Yes, your knife was an early one for the Sea Hawk, but Mike Nelson would not have had one. The knife came about a decade after Mike was around. He used Voit stuff anyways. :wink:

They made another black one like that.It has Navy printed on it.

Bought one when I first got certified in '79. Great knife. It seemed like it was all US Divers gear then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom