Aqualung Rogue or Cressi Patrol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
D

diverdiverdive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Which BCD should I buy? Aqualung rogue or Cressi Patrol?

I am looking for a travel BCD that weighs less and packs it in my cabin bag.

Aqualung advertises that Rogue BCD weighs only 2.2Kg. Is that accurate? As I have seen a youtube video where a guy weighs it and it was just under 3kg.
Cressi patrol is 2.75 kg.

Would I be able to pack both of them in my cabin luggage?

I posted a lengthy review of my Rogue on this site, mostly concerning a design flaw that it has. I love the Rogue and have about 300 dives in on mine, but AquaLung's customer service could best be described as non-existent. I won't buy from them again, in fact my wife just bought a complete rig and we went with Tusa rather than AL even though my LDS is an AquaLung shop.

I bought a Rogue this past summer and on my 32 dive, the waist component fell off and I wasn't able to recover it. AquaLung is insisting they've never heard of the problem but I've talked with three other people who had the same issue. I'm currently waiting to hear back from the local rep regarding a resolution.

I would be interested to hear from any other divers who have had this issue to put more pressure on the shop and the rep.

Theres big price difference between the 2 BCs.

Are you stuck on back inflate? I have a Cressi travelite and love it.

I have slowly been getting new gear and I really like Cressi as a brand. Especially since 95% of my diving is vacation and tropical waters these days.

I bought a Rogue this past summer and on my 32 dive, the waist component fell off and I wasn't able to recover it. AquaLung is insisting they've never heard of the problem but I've talked with three other people who had the same issue. I'm currently waiting to hear back from the local rep regarding a resolution.

I would be interested to hear from any other divers who have had this issue to put more pressure on the shop and the rep.
Have about 85 dives in mine and never an issue. I usually wear a three pound weight in each side and two two pounders on my back. It’s up for sale on this site. Love the BCD but switched to backplate in anticipation of more technical diving.

Have about 85 dives in mine and never an issue. I usually wear a three pound weight in each side and two two pounders on my back. It’s up for sale on this site. Love the BCD but switched to backplate in anticipation of more technical diving.
Similar experience with my Rogue; 100+ dives, never an issue with the waist belt, 14lbs spread around between the waist pocket and the optional trim weight rear pockets.

You could always get the variant of the waist belt that has no weight pockets (the waist belt from the Outlaw BCD) is you are concerned.

*Love* my Rogue BCD.

Similar experience with my Rogue; 100+ dives, never an issue with the waist belt, 14lbs spread around between the waist pocket and the optional trim weight rear pockets.

You could always get the variant of the waist belt that has no weight pockets (the waist belt from the Outlaw BCD) is you are concerned.

*Love* my Rogue BCD.
Funny I took waist belt off the rogue and put it on the outlaw for dives where I need pockets

Outlaw has probably close to 150 dives and never had an issue with it

The Rogue may be easier to pack since you can take it apart. That may be the weak spot as well, as some posts suggest.

If packability and back-inflate is the main thing you're looking for, and integrated weight maybe, then perhaps the Cressi Lightwing could work for you:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom