Aqualung fusion bullet drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everybody not sure if you will see this but I just wanted to thank everyone for the help, that I appreciated it. thought I would give you all and update. I decided to save up some more and went with the DUI FLX extreme with silicone zip seals, dual thigh pockets, Kevlar knee pads and cf200 elbow pads and superflex boots. .
I think you made a very good choice! I didn't respond to your initial post, as a number of others did. But, for the benefit of other divers viewing this thread in the future I will add a comment or three about the Aqualung / Apeks line of fusion suits.

By way of background, I started out in a custom fit trilam suit (DCI) many years ago. I LOVE(D) it! Over 15 years, and lots of use, and inevitable, associated wear, as well as the addition of some personal bioprene, I reached the point where I needed a new suit. I got a GREAT (staff) deal on an Apeks KVR1, which is VERY similar to the Aqualung Bullet, and is supposedly a reflection of the evolution of the Bullet line. When White's first cam out with their Fusion, I thought it was a great idea, almost bought one at the time, as a second suit. I didn't, but retained a fondness for the Fusion. So, getting the Apeks Fusion suit made sense - at the time.

I love the Kevlar knee pads, the dual thigh pockets, and the user-replaceable silicone seals on the KVR1. The DUI suit offers you the same advantages. But, that's about where my enthusiam for the Aqualuing / Apeks line of fusion suits ends. I have found I simply don't like the KVR1. The Aqualung / Apeks sizing system just doesn't work for me. I ended up with a 2/3 XL suit that was way too long, although it fits my chest. I have therefore found the Fusion suit to be 'baggy' and annoying to manage. It feels very heavy. I stay reasonably warm, but that's about it. Although the front zip is labelled as 'a true self entry, no need to rely on your dive buddy', that is a claim not to be believed. I simply cannot be sure of full closure, nor can I fully open it, because the ends of the zipper are simply too high on my shoulders to facilitate self-donning. I don't particularly care for the position of the shoulder exhaust valve (a little too far back, for my taste). And, the dual layers of the Fusion-style suit are just too much trouble to deal with.

I suspect you will be very happy with your lighter weight, less bulky trilam DUI FLX Extreme. I am looking for a replacement for my Apeks fusion-style suit, and the FLX Extrreme is one of the possibilities.

Thank you I think I did too. Glad I waited and went with the FLX extreme. Here's a picture from my drysuit course in the pool. Can't wait to dive it more.

Attachments

• 20210417_113014.jpg
    20210417_113014.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 107

Back
Top Bottom