Aqualung fusion bullet drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Service of suits isn’t exactly a brand specialized process and there’s so few places that do it well. Does your shop service suits? There’s a number that send out anything more than a seal change. If AL or DUI are your only options, DUI all the way. CF200 if you want the abrasion resistance and neoprene warmth, FLX if you want it to dry within a few days and care about weight. Others will have differing opinions.

I would prefer a brand that i can get local and can be serviced locally if something needs to be repaired. Theres aqualung and DUI it seems are the main 2. My budget is up to 3500ish would prefer not to break the bank if I dont have to

In that case, I'd go DUI. Get the metal zipper. Check out their size chart (in the link I gave earlier) and see where you fit. You'll save some if you can fit in a stock size (forget what the upcharge is for custom, which DUI calls "signature.")

Also suggest you get the zip seals in silicone (much more comfortable than latex), the kevlar kneepads, pockets, and the Ultra Flex boots.

You might be right about repairs. I guess i assumed that if they sell it and offer wetsuit repairs and such, that the shop repairs the suit. Thank you for your advice im going to take a trip to my local shop and see what my "Fit" will be and talk options and prices

You might be right about repairs. I guess i assumed that if they sell it and offer wetsuit repairs and such, that the shop repairs the suit. Thank you for your advice im going to take a trip to my local shop and see what my "Fit" will be and talk options and prices

DUI does repairs. You just have to send to CA. Not sure how they are on repairs but it is one option.

Hello everybody not sure if you will see this but I just wanted to thank everyone for the help, that I appreciated it. thought I would give you all and update. I decided to save up some more and went with the DUI FLX extreme with silicone zip seals, dual thigh pockets, Kevlar knee pads and cf200 elbow pads and superflex boots. Here's a crappy picture until I take a better one.

Attachments

• 20210417_212347.jpg
    20210417_212347.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 97
Have you dived it yet?

Have you dived it yet?
I just did the drysuit course this weekend, had good mobility and kept me warm. Had artic fourth element undergarments. Going to need a couple more dives to get fully used to it though, definitely a different feeling in a good way.

I just did the drysuit course this weekend, had good mobility and kept me warm. Had artic fourth element undergarments. Going to need a couple more dives to get fully used to it though, definitely a different feeling in a good way.

I’m going to highly recommend you check your zip seals are all done up. I didn’t and got very, very wet two dive days. Scuttled a tech SM workshop last Sunday. Figured it out after I got a ton of water in my boots yesterday. Neck seal in my case.

I’m going to highly recommend you check your zip seals are all done up. I didn’t and got very, very wet two dive days. Scuttled a tech SM workshop last Sunday. Figured it out after I got a ton of water in my boots yesterday. Neck seal in my case.
Yes, thank you for the heads up. My instructor went through my suit with me 1 on 1 and showed me how to properly remove and install zip seals. Made it a point on how convenient they are to change a torn seal but also how important to make sure they are put in and seated correctly.

I would prefer a brand that i can get local and can be serviced locally if something needs to be repaired. Theres aqualung and DUI it seems are the main 2. My budget is up to 3500ish would prefer not to break the bank if I dont have to[/QUOTE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom