Info Aqualung Financial Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gut feeling, I don't feel good about the future of the AL group as we know it.

I agree. AL "as we know it" will almost certainly not exist in a year to 18 months. It will be interesting to see how they split it up and sell it off to recoup their investment in the company.

Speaking personally as a customer, my connection with AquaLung is entirely for their regulators. I own nothing else from AL. I own 3 Legends and 1 Mikron. These are currently all the regs I need. As long as I can continue to service these every 2-3 years, I'll be happy. If service becomes an issue, I'll probably look at Atomic or (it hurts to say it) ScubaPro for replacement regulators.

Time to pull out ye old AMF Swimaster second stages and dive them again.

You survived the first time?

The only Aqualung stuff I have right now are two Conshelf regulators and a handfull of 1085 second stages to to go with them, and a hooded vest that has an AL logo on the front. Other than that I’m pretty much AL free.
The one thing I wonder about is the future of the Conshelf with metal second stage. AL has been manufacturing that same reg for the military and commercial sector for many years. One mandate the government has is that equipment used has to be manufactured on American soil by an American company to remain free from any foreign government influence or control.
So I’m hoping that the facility that makes the conshelf 14/1085 will be extracted from the collapse and will continue operations, possibly by another company but who knows?
Whether we can obtain parts is another thing.
The 1085 second stages I’m not worried about because all that stuff can be sourced or made, it’s the first stage proprietary parts that will be a problem.
Worst case scenario is I just put the 1085’s on a Scubapro and keep diving.

It's a challenging time for any manufacturer. it's been a touch-and-go with the USA supply chain at Force Fins. Not looking good for the future.

The only Aqualung stuff I have right now are two Conshelf regulators and a handfull of 1085 second stages to to go with them, and a hooded vest that has an AL logo on the front. Other than that I’m pretty much AL free.
The one thing I wonder about is the future of the Conshelf with metal second stage. AL has been manufacturing that same reg for the military and commercial sector for many years. One mandate the government has is that equipment used has to be manufactured on American soil by an American company to remain free from any foreign government influence or control.
So I’m hoping that the facility that makes the conshelf 14/1085 will be extracted from the collapse and will continue operations, possibly by another company but who knows?
Whether we can obtain parts is another thing.
The 1085 second stages I’m not worried about because all that stuff can be sourced or made, it’s the first stage proprietary parts that will be a problem.
Worst case scenario is I just put the 1085’s on a Scubapro and keep diving.

Dear lord let it not be AMF.

Maybe AMF is in the market for a new endeavor. Who would have thought bowling and Harleys would make such a great combination?
Synergy!

Dear lord let it not be AMF.
description_image_34c474616ef4f59e4ea4118861ea23ab_875x.jpg

Screenshot_20231115-144337.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom