Info Aqualung Financial Troubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not surprised. I can't get air exhaust cover for the titan regulator for a year from AL. So much for the lifetime support.

The dive shop by my office has been trying to get an order from AL for some months. I get the excellent French made Comfobite mouthpieces from them. I’d like to have a few as backup as the DGX version doesn’t work as well as the real thing with my CCR.

I am not surprised. I can't get air exhaust cover for the titan regulator for a year from AL. So much for the lifetime support.
You need to read it as "it takes a lifetime to GET support."

I have loved my Apeks regulators but the Aqualung computers barely last out of warranty and I don't hear anyone saying they love the drysuits. The wetsuits are good, BCDs tend to lose their weight pockets, so that's maybe half and half. I don't mind paying premium prices for premium quality, but Aqualung hasn't been providing the latter lately, for me.

I don't hear anyone saying they love the drysuits.

I bought an AquaLung Alaskan drysuit about ~2.5 years ago and have put 100+ dives on it. Has held up remarkably well, even considering I've used it a lot for cave diving (nothing super tight so it's not getting the same level of abuse as some of my buddies who love the small stuff). I had the neoprene socks replaced with boots since I was not a fan of rock boots / oversize wetsuit booties. Finally upgrading to a MTM ScubaForce suit so the Alaskan will move to the backup suit. But absolutely no complaints.

It's far to easy to blame it on cuts when acquired from AirLiquid but that would actually shock me if that was the case.
My 2psi as a guy with dive industry experience and a MBA
Cerich.

Consider this as an opportunity. I have a property to sell.
A 134,299 square foot building with 27,300sf of office space on a 8.99 acre lot size
with a 234 car parking bay for a very reasonable NNN's of $0.24/SF

We have cleared the car park for you as the previous tenants have vacated the premises.
However a bunch of old scuba stuff is still inside you may want or we could donate it to US Diver 1
Let me know if your interested

To the rest of my fellow divers I'm sorry for the delay in you getting your Aqualung parts and delay in your orders but no one is in the premises to help you at the moment. The car park is empty and everyone is working either from home or redundant. And I have all new keys for the locks.

A guided tour inside will follow once I sort out posting videos on scuba board.

Some say this is what you get when you spend $1,000,000 to have Michael Phelps design Hanoi Women's swimsuits I guess. But I couldn't possibly comment.
It may be too critical so let's blame it all on bats at the Wuhan meat market for the Covid and Brexit for the smart money pull out of the USA. 🙄

Attachments

• aaa2340 Cousteau 1.jpg
    aaa2340 Cousteau 1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 124
  • aaa 2340-Cousteau 2.jpg
    aaa 2340-Cousteau 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 118
Aqualung / US Divers / Apeks is possibly scuba's most storied company, Even my forum name is reflective of how much I appreciate my USD.
Thank you for your support.

Just for fun one story that you may not have heard about is the US Divers wet suit heater.
Made around 1985 from high chrome brass about the same size (but thinner) as your double hose cans
using liquid lighter fluid as the fuel with components from a standard Dunhill cigarette lighter.

The air came off the secondary 3/8 UNF port blank connected to the 1st stage port with a standard
rubber LP hose and a flow reducer frit (Shamrock Rubber Company) and the brass disc would heat up like
hot coals if you didn't get the thing wet quick enough hence why it never made production.
The silver and black decal was similar to the Aquamaster.

Visited the dive shop by my office last week. They had 3 of the standard size Comfobite mouthpieces. I bought them all. I did see where they are also available on Amazon.

I like the mouthgaurd things that have on there cold water regs. It does help when diving the winter up here.

I do wonder if my core supreme just became a paperweight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom