April is a busy month for Southwest Scuba!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-aholic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Check out Southwest Scuba's April schedule. We have a busy month planned with lots of opportunities to come out and dive with us.

Remember, we limit class size to 6 students. The courses listed already have students enrolled. As of right now we have the following openings for the courses offered:

April 8 AOW/Specialties - 3
April 9 AOW/Specialties - 5
April 20-22 Rescue - 2
April 20-21 Night Diver - 4
April 22 Nitrox - 4

It's first come/first serve. If you're interested, let me know. I'll hold a spot for you for a week without payment. After that, we'll need payment to keep the spot reserved.

Check out our site for more information on the courses. You won't just get a card from us, but a true learning experience.

During our AOW course, you'll learn about Rock Bottom, SAC, RMV, among other things. Our Specialty courses also include information you won't get from most other courses.

For our Rescue Diver course, we require you to camp out with us Friday and Saturday night. We won't spring any rescue scenarios on you from sunset to sunrise, but it's game on during daylight hours. We use the dark hours to conduct our "classroom" portion of the course.

Take a Night diver course from instructors who have a lot of experience diving in the dark and prefer it over daylight diving.

And learn about Nitrox and more in the Enriched Air course.

PM, e-mail, or call 480-620-4442 for more information or to register for any of these courses.

We've just dropped the prices for some of these courses. Check out the announcement on our home page. These are rock bottom prices, so don't miss out!

We've already filled some of the April availabilities. If you're interested, PM, e-mail, or call to reserve a course. When there are no longer availabilities for a particular date or course, I'll update it here.

We are also beginning an Open Water class on March 25 that will run through April 22. It will be primarily held on Sundays, with a weeknight or 2 for classroom time. If you're interested, PM me for schedule and details. Due to our other obligations in scheduling, we can only accept one more student in this OW course.

Water temperatures are rising at the lake. We recorded 64 degrees at the surface and 60 degrees at 30'. We're officially out of the 50s in the shallow depths! We expect the water temperature to keep rising over the next month. Take advantage of the warmer water temps!

Our Rescue Diver course is closed at this time, but we still have room in the AOW/Specialties and Night courses.

Hope to see you at the lake!

Hecklers, of course, still welcome. Particularly when that crapper perched precariously on the hill near Scorpion Bay makes its final tragic roll down towards the water...

with a screaming Dive-aholic inside :D

Trained and professional-attitude rescuers will be required, as I'll be stuck incapacitated between :11: :11: and :rofl3:

Actually, Rescue class will be at a different location. I've already set up the traps..... :wink:

namabiru:
Hecklers, of course, still welcome. Particularly when that crapper perched precariously on the hill near Scorpion Bay makes its final tragic roll down towards the water...

with a screaming Dive-aholic inside :D

Trained and professional-attitude rescuers will be required, as I'll be stuck incapacitated between :11: :11: and :rofl3:

just remember, you don't have to be faster than rob, just faster than your dive buddy (if that were to happen :eyebrow: )

We still have some Night Diver course openings on the 20 and 21. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Night Diver course is full. Thanks everyone!

If anyone is interested, we will be doing a Peak Performance Buoyancy course April 22, Sunday afternoon. Course starts at noon and ends around 5pm. Bring gear, 2 tanks, and a completed knowledge review.

We also still have openings in the Nitrox course.

Pheeeeewwwwwww! Our busy weekend is over. After an exhausting, but fun weekend, we're finally able to relax a bit. We have 4 new Rescue Divers, 2 new Open Water Divers, a new AOW and PPB Diver, a new Night diver, 2 new Nitrox divers, and 2 DMTs that are a little closer to finishing their DM course. I think I got them all. It was a great weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom