Apollo Bio fins & spring straps.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings fellow salts. Just a quick question. Can spring straps go on Apollo Bio fins ? Has anyone modified their fins ? Please advise and thank you for your response in advance. Good viz, George

Bob3 once bubbled...
You can buy new Apollo's that come with spring straps, or just buy their retrofit kit that'll work on just about anyone's fins.

So does that mean I could add spring straps to my force fins? who does sell the straps?

Wow, that was fast. Thanx Bob. I will have to look into the retrofit cause I have already purchased thr fins. I see by your Avatar that you have bounced around like me and have landed where I am trying to go, FLA ! ;-0 I'll get there, :mean: Good viz buddy, George

I could add spring straps to my force fins?
Yah, you could, but I don't really see a need to. Force Fins tend to stay snug on the foot w/o a strap even, and the straps they come with aren't prone to puking.
Once you get over the sticker shock for Apollo's straps (they're expensive as heck) you may decide to go the DIY route.
Check with whomever you got the fins from, they need to be an Apollo dealer to get the spring straps.
I only go to FL in end of July through August for the bugging. Weather's to iffy in the winter.

Look at this thread;
http://www.scubaboard.com/t39227/s.html

Boogie711, I like your action and price there. That is not much more than the cost of materials for people buying in quantities to make only one set of straps.

I still like mine with the low profile screw replacing the pin of the shackle. :D

I am going to do that to my personal set, and offer it as an option for people who want to do it with the straps they buy. My only concern with doing it for the E-Bay auction is that it might add to the 'work involved' factor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom