Apeks O/balanced with G250?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WHY???? Why did you delete your post? It was going to be the start of a great thread but now it is gone!!! You shouldn't have, you couldn't have, I can't believe that you did it!!!

Friendly teasing aside, I wish you hadn't deleted your post as even posts with incorrect information are potentially helpful as they give an opportunity for people to learn and/or expand their knowledge. No hard feelings. I've had the odd "oops" moment or two on SB as well. Take it easy. Cheers.

This may be opening a whole new can of worms for you and or you may have already taken it into consideration I don't know. When you are setting the cracking effort on a regulator using a manometer alone is its only good for a general baseline number. The problem is not with the manometer as it's plenty accurate enough for scuba work. The challenge is getting a stable and consistent vacuum through the second stage to initiate flow at the same time the first stage unseats and starts the cycle. Breathing through the second stage is not accurate as the parameters cannot be consistently controlled or repeated. How quickly you inhale, how much you inhale, volume you inhale vary with each breath and I know from experience it's near impossible to read the IP gauge and manometer at the same time as numbers on both are important when determining cracking effor. By simply changing one factor (speed, volume, etc) you will get a different reading.
In reality cracking effort by the diver is good or bad depending solely on how they feel / perceive it to be.....And we all know how well science and feelings mix sometimes.
In the end, don't let all this stuff get in the way of why you are diving to begin with :)

Bryan, the last sentence in your post was helpful, in my DIY journey I've gone a little off track and have been obsessing about the small details and have noticed the last 40 or so dives I've done I've not overly enjoyed and have not been particularly "present" as have been focusing on how well or other wise my regs are functioning, trying to listen or feel for abnormalities etc. It's time to get back on track and get back into just diving for the fun of it. I've learnt "enough" thus far, I can continue at more leisurely, less obsessive pace. Thank you.

Last edited:
My take aways from this thread:

"Don't let stuff get in the way of why one dives"

"Regs are not Swiss watches".

It's amazing that even non technical advice can advance ones DIY journey.

Friendly teasing aside, I wish you hadn't deleted your post as even posts with incorrect information are potentially helpful as they give an opportunity for people to learn and/or expand their knowledge. No hard feelings. I've had the odd "oops" moment or two on SB as well. Take it easy. Cheers.

Realized I may have confused some of my terminology. As with everything the devil is in the details, I figured I may be better off to me move my post

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom