Apeks O/balanced with G250?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes "feeling" is the only tool you have available....Which by default makes it the best tool at the time. When other resources are available that give accurate, consistent and reliable results I use them.
When I return a regulator to a customer I don't expect them to pay for "felt good enough"

When you have the means to get the "resources" you need to make a technically accurate setting, what tools do you use so that you are making a decision based on facts not feelings?

When you have the means to get the "resources" you need to make a technically accurate setting, what tools do you use so that you are making a decision based on facts not feelings?

Banked air at 3500 psi quality checked quarterly.
0-5000 psi pressure regulator for consistent IP testing.
Oil filled pressure gauges cross checked weekly with digital gauge.
Manometers 0/8" + and 0-2"+ / 0-2"-

Below are other links to instruments I use.....If you need pictures of the actual ones in use I'll be happy to provide them.
PRO CHECK - SECOND STAGE ANALYZER
QUICK SET - POPPET & SEAT BREAK-IN FIXTURE

Beyond the basic parameters of cracking effort, IP, and in some cases a service-tech adjusted venturi assist, regulator performance is by and large a 'feeling.' This is why all the ansi testing results give such a poor picture of how regulators actually perform in use, by divers. It's also the reason that different divers can have such different preferences about what they think of as "best."

I would not underestimate the sensitivity or perception of an experienced human to very slight differences in pressure and the behavior of air in his breathing canal. Evaluating a regulator performance on a high level is a little like wine tasting; somewhat subjective within established norms.

Most of the subtle differences in the way regulators perform are based on design characteristics and/or materials, not just technician adjustment. But a good tech will definitely know when things are 'right' and not just set within the range provided by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
I know .. :popcorn:

Pass the bag, I'll get the soft drinks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom