APEKS launch the new XTX range of regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FrediSub

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I think that nobody has posted this in the past days...

You can read more on this article at Apeks site

Apeks has dropped the infamous 1/2" port and all XTX regulators can be converted from a right handed hose configuration to a left handed one. Seems like Apeks really listen to his customers...

Another "new feature" is that you can change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee for better bubble dispersion.

Some pictures:

XTX200:
XTX200.jpg

XTX200 second:
XTX200-top.jpg

Enjoy!

Large exhaust tee! Cool.
Let's see, backplates, back BC's, naked SPG's, stuff strapped to wrists...
Should see some new brass 2nd stages on the market soon, maybe a REAL new 2 hose regulator.

I don't think no one see it yet... I am also wondering if there is any internal change though except some cosmetics....

So far only the XTX50 and XTX40 octo have been released, and sit in the middle of the brand's reg structure – the XTX100 and XTX200 will be later in the year albeingwell.

I just got a Stage Three set sent to me (primary and octo in one pack), and it is a decent-looking piece of kit. According to the details, it actually gives a better breathing performance than the existing regs, but I still prefer the look of my Black Pearl!

I like the fact that it can be changed from right to left handed, sure to be popular with techies, and the changeable exhaust is neatly done as well, though personally never noticed a bubble problem with my ATX200.

Mark

StSomewhere:
Does anyone know if the XTX-100 has an updated (4 x 3/8" LP) FST "Flathead" first stage or do both the XTX-100 and XTX-200 come with an updated (4 x 3/8" LP) FSR similar to the ATX-200?

I would assume that the FST has been "updated" as well. The Apeks website shows different breathing performance graph for the XTX100 and XTX200 (the second stages are the same), as well as different description of each first stage. I think the DST has also been "updated" for the XTX50.

The half inch port has been dropped on the FSR/FST, not on the DST.
The FST always had better RMV than the FSR.
The DST has not bee changed.
The venturi knob has been redesigned to be more ergonomic.
The second stage is not smaller than the ATX series.
All of them come with both exhaust tees except the XTX40 and the XTX20.
The purge has also been modified to be less sensitive to current and freeflow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom