Apeks can't be discounted > 10%??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Buy a round trip ticket to Singapore.

2. Purchase the 2 sets of Apex from the LDS here.

3. Use the left over money for travelling expenses.

You solve all your problem.... you bought from an LDS, you save MEGAbucks, and you get a free holiday!!

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I don't understand (lack of knowledge) why you would buy from Dive Inn and not Leisure Pro.
Aside from the folks at Dive Inn being divers & will be able to answer any questions from 1st hand knowlege, Dive Inn is actually an authorized dealer for all the goods they sell, sort of knocks the edge off some of the "gray market" concerns regarding warranties, etc.
Buy a round trip ticket to Singapore.
Bloop, I like the way you think!!:wink:

I guess we got helped!

Three years ago when I was shopping for a Mk20/S600, LP had them for around $450.00 and Diveinn was $330.00. And LP refuses to carry service kits but Diveinn will offer them where they can get away with it.

Bob3 once bubbled...
I'm a DiveInn affiliate, buy from me.

Bob3,

Please explain what being an affiliate with DiveInn means and what benefits we would get placing an order through you rather than directly from DiveInn. Also I am curious about how the warranty works, does equipment get sent back to you, DiveInn, or the manufacturer if defective? And would regs bought through you qualify for the "free parts for life"?

SeaJay,

Are you happy with your purchases through DiveInn. Good products, service, and reliable warranty? Obviously we know the price is great.

Bob3 once bubbled...
Aside from the folks at Dive Inn being divers & will be able to answer any questions from 1st hand knowlege, Dive Inn is actually an authorized dealer for all the goods they sell, sort of knocks the edge off some of the "gray market" concerns regarding warranties, etc.

Does this mean that when you buy from DiveInn you get the manufacturer's warranty, and you should be able to get free parts as long as you maintain the warranty schedule?

(Excuse my ignorance re: online ordering...I've been reading many of the other posts, but this point has never been clear to me....my understanding w/ LP is that you get THEIR warranty that "matches" manufacturer's warranty, but you'd need to do your servicing either yourself our through LP....does DiveInn work differently?)

Jim

MI2diver once bubbled...
Bob3 once bubbled...
Are you happy with your purchases through DiveInn. Good products, service, and reliable warranty? Obviously we know the price is great.

Okay, let me give you a brief overview on my purchasing experiences with online shops... Despite my reputation, I'll try to keep this short...

I purchased a Scubapro Mk16/S550/R380 from Leisurepro, online. Great price, great service, regs in stock. They were on my doorstep in two days. Terrific.

Six months later the Mk16 took a crap. Wouldn't hold IP any more.

I had the regs serviced at an LDS; after choosing one through many phone calls and price and time quotes. I finally got charged $120 to make the problem worse. The people there were buttheads, too. Real jerks. What an ordeal!

...So I called Leisurepro and complained that my six month old regs took a crap, and that I had them serviced for an additional $120, and they were useless. LP gave me a full in-store credit for the original price of the regs despite thier age and the fact that they had about 150 dives on them. I took the credit and paid another $20 and bought an Apeks ATX200 (complete set). Yeah, try THAT LITTLE TRICK at your LDS!

Since they didn't sell an ATX50 "second stage only," I bought one from DiveInn. They had to special order it (they don't keep the ATX50 "second stage only" in stock) but a week later I got an email that said that my '50 was on it's way. I got it two days later. I am very pleased with their price, service, and attention to detail.

...So much so, in fact, that last week I purchased another complete set... This time the whole thing from DiveInn. I got an email confirmation yesterday that my stuff's on it's way. I'm thrilled. Now my buddy will have the same setup that I do. :)

DiveInn offers a full manufacturer's warranty on Apeks gear... It's just like I bought it at my LDS, except that the price is great and they actually care about my business.

...And if their customer service is anything like Leisurepro's, then I'll never buy another thing at an LDS if I can help it. :D

Bob3 once bubbled...
Dive Inn is actually an authorized dealer for all the goods they sell, sort of knocks the edge off some of the "gray market" concerns regarding warranties, etc.

Bob3,

So my LDS fed me the same 10% line (big surprise), but here's a question - if the LDS claims they will "lose their franchise" for discounting more than 10%, why hasn't Dive Inn lost theirs?

actually enforces something thought of as anti-trust law.

In the US there are loopholes through which your local dive retailer and the manufacturers are both more than happy to jump though in their quest to keep price competition from you - the consumer.

Hey Bloop!
Where in Singapore can you buy Apeks regs?? I thought the closest place was in Malaysia?
If you do know, please tell me which LDS carries the Apeks line.

Mel

So where do you send your regulator to have it serviced
if you buy through Dive Inn....back to Dive Inn?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, if you buy a reg
through either LP or DI don't you still need to
take it to the LDS to have the IP pressures checked
and adjusted?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom