Apeks can't be discounted > 10%??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, you have to pay for it to be worked on. So? You're going to pay for the labor anyway.

Hey guys, thanks for clearing up the info on this "price fixing" BS in the US. I spent quite a bit of hard earned money on training (no complaint there) and decent priced equipment at the LDS, but I'm glad I bought my Apeks ATX200 at LP and my other expensive gear online (FredT BP, Oxycheq wing etc.). I refuse to buy into this LDS/Dealer/Manufacturer crap and support it! As an example of how it should be, I got excellent service from FredT, documentation and email support on anything I had questions on. A superior product at a great price! What kills me is some of these idiots that work in the LDS and there BS sales crap to try to get one over on new divers like me. "Don't use a BP/W, it'll push your face forward in the water at the surface", here, buy this overpriced BC from me. Don't they realize that once a customer figures out that they're getting burned, that they will lose this customer, or at the least a good portion of that person's business?

Anyway....Now if I can just locate rebuild kits for my Apeks, my first source of two failed me...................

Here's the answer to the DiveInn warranty question. To remind you, I was curious if DiveInn included the actual Apeks manufacturer's warranty, or simply one of their own that was "similar" (a la Leisurepro):

Hello Jim

Thank you for your e-mail. We apologise for the delay in replying to you. You will receive the original manufacturer's warranty with the Apeks regulators.

Should you have any warranty problem at all, you should contact our Returns Department (returns@scubastore.com) and we will arrange everything for you.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Michelle Nowell
Scubastore Sales
sales@scubastore.com
www.scubastore.com

Seems pretty clear to me!

Jim

I contacted Apeks directly and they informed me diveinn is indeed an authorized dealer and you can get a full manufacturers warranty but there is a catch to ordering from them (see original e-mail below).

Diveinn are authorised through our Spanish Distributor Tecnomar, Unfortunately if you do buy the regulators from them the warranty you are refering to isn't valid in the U S because they haven't been bought through Aqualung America, and your local dealer. If you do have any problems with the regs they would have to be returned to the place of purchase or ourselves.
Regards
Mrs Gill Hook
Technical/Customer service

Apeks Marine Equipment Ltd.
gill.hook@apeks.co.uk
www.apeks.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1254 692200
Fax: +44 (0) 1254 692211

<shrug>

Wouldn't you send them back to DiveInn for warrany, anyway?

They'd honor the manufacturer's warrany... Isn't that the point?

I guess what you're saying is that you couldn't buy regs at DiveInn and then later take them to your LDS (if you live in the US) for warranty work.

Yeah, I guess that's true.

...But who would want to take them there when you got such good prices AND SERVICE at DiveInn in the first place? They'd get my biz even if I COULD bring them back to my LDS.

That is, if I had a warranty-related issue... Which would be the exception to the norm.

Yes Diveinn seems to have excellent service at great prices and I would not hesitate to use that service if neccesary, but I do not like the idea of having to send my regs overseas to be serviced (I do not trust my local post office, they like to lose things). That was the reason I wanted to know if the warranty was covered in the U.S. because I know a dive shop that has an Apeks authorized technician who can have them serviced and back to me in 24-48 hours.

Also I sent the original email just to find out if diveinn was authorized because I could not find them listed on Apeks dealer locator.

Have you considered servicing your own regs? That was my solution, and I'm no mechanical wiz.

I have step-by-step instructions, which are rediculously straightforward, on the site in my signature. Go to Talk-Equipment and you'll find the information.

Frankly, after seeing it done, I'd RATHER do the work myself. Something tells me that I'd do a better job - as if my life depended on it - than would even an "authorized" dealer (who would do the work as if $15 per stage depended on it).

SeaJay
Sounds like a great idea to me, I will have to check your site. Anyway I am technically inclined so I feel that I could do the work but getting the service kits from Apeks may be a hard thing to do as I have almost never seen them for sale online. Unless I'm not looking in the right areas. Most dive shops I know will not sell the kits to you.

I don't think that would work. Just put down that you bought a $600 reg for $1000. SP can't claim the shop violated their policy, and I don't think they could deny you the warranty. The dive shop I use said to put down $0 on the price. I have done that and yes my warranty is valid. Besides, SP has absolutely no right to know exactly what a customer paid.

Genesis once bubbled...
at least with some manufacturers.

But not any more with SP. They now demand the purchase price from the customer to register the warranty. No disclosure, no warranty. And since they track serial numbers, its trivial to know who is cheating, unless the customers who do this will also lie when they register the product.

Everybody keeps talking about warranty. Why isnt anybody talking about the real issue "reliability". I personally don't want equipment that requires regular warranty work. That means things have failed, or are about to fail. I want equipment that when regularly serviced will perform flawlessly regardless of the price or manufacturers warranty. If a set of regs is GOOD it is GOOD from LP, DI, or the LDS. A warranty is useless at 100 ft.

Back
Top Bottom