Apartment Fires...Thank Goodness it wasn't Mine!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LIVES4SHARKS

SHARK DIVA AI
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Nothing worse than coming home from a fun night out to your apartment complex full of fire trucks. I am happy and grateful to report it wasn't my building. It does make me aware of those around me! Hopefully, I will never have to face this personally. On a side note...I found out that there was a party going on next door to the apartment that had caught fire. I guess they smelled smoke, but didn't think anything of it until the fire department knocked on their door. By then the apartment next to them was engulfed in flames! The funny thing is, that one party goer had to be carried out by the firemen due to being passed out from a bit too much alcohol. Now that was one heck of a party!

"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...!"

4300091844_6020c22ac1.jpg

4300092042_fd0de759e7.jpg

Definitely some hot excitement in Savannah!

Carolyn:shark2:

I agree it sucks to have your home burn. One of the heart breaking parts of being a fireman is dealing with a victim of the loss of personal items. Victims can replace the couch and kitchen table but the family photographs of grandma and grandpa are not replaceable. The family fridge has many memories on the door. Gone. People loose pets and they are like family. Fire is truly a tragic thing.

I agree it sucks to have your home burn. One of the heart breaking parts of being a fireman is dealing with a victim of the loss of personal items. Victims can replace the couch and kitchen table but the family photographs of grandma and grandpa are not replaceable. The family fridge has many memories on the door. Gone. People loose pets and they are like family. Fire is truly a tragic thing.

Been there, done that, and yes it really sucks. Glad your building wasn't involved. What do you want to bet that most of the folks affected did not have renter's insurance? It's not that expensive, or at least wasn't when I was still renting a few years back.

Last edited:
Plus 1 for renters insurance........

As a landlord I am amazed that most don't have it, or even think about it.......

It is cheap and covers much more than just fire.........

With each lease I make the pitch………alas mostly to deaf ears…….

M

I definitely have renter's insurance, and it is only for me $100/yr. Actually, Monday I need to up the value of it since I got a new TV and some new furniture. It's a good reminder that anything can happen, but when you add neighbors attatched to you, well you just pray they are responsible. Good news, is the girl came home to her apartment in flames in time to save her dog. So no one was hurt and all pets made it out.

I definitely have renter's insurance, and it is only for me $100/yr. Actually, Monday I need to up the value of it since I got a new TV and some new furniture. It's a good reminder that anything can happen, but when you add neighbors attatched to you, well you just pray they are responsible. Good news, is the girl came home to her apartment in flames in time to save her dog. So no one was hurt and all pets made it out.

That could prove to be the best $100. someone could spend God forbid the unthinkable should happen. :D

Wow, I'm glad all is OK. I called my mother in Cincinnati today and she was telling me that the apartments she lives in caught fire this past week. The apartment across from her caught fire and obviously they had to evacuate. 2 apartments were destroyed, but my mother didn't have any water or smoke damage. Fire is definitely bizarre in it's behaviour at times.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom