Apart from a JJ CCR, what else do I need to order?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm going to get on the CCR bus. I'll get a JJ CCR. What accessories and such do I need to buy in advance of first week of training?

Also, I intend to buy a Petrel 3. Should I get 4-pin, EXT Fischer, something else, or none of the above?

I am already exhausted from carrying all the money I need to get it on an airplane as overweight checked baggage.
You really shouldn’t be needing an overweight checked bag to travel with it…

It will come with a HUD and most likely a Petrel 3 controller. You will then use your current fixed setpoint computer as a backup unit. It will not communicate with the JJ.

If you intend to dive it as a rack, a set of Lola valves and the appropriate mounting brackets with a pair of 50s and 1-2 3L.

Steramine, sorb, an extra cell, potentially an oring set, IP gauge if you do not already have one. An extra set or two or three of 3L cylinders are useful.

Actually though, communicate with your instructor.

I'm going to get on the CCR bus. I'll get a JJ CCR. What accessories and such do I need to buy in advance of first week of training?

Also, I intend to buy a Petrel 3. Should I get 4-pin, EXT Fischer, something else, or none of the above?
youll need a loan application or a mortgage

Don buy anything until you have actually seen and been diving the unit for a while. Comes with Petrel 3 computer.

What I added after some 50 hours of diving and knowing what I wanted to change:
- BOV Divesoft
- Shearwater Nerd
- O2 and dil transmitter
- Extra 3 l tanks O2 and dil
- Drysuit bottle (from the start)

First dive the unit, then decide how to progress. It's a great unit right out of the factory.

Carbon plate with a regular harness
300Bar Faber cylinders - extra $$$$ for less rust :wink:

Matan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom