Otter Atlantic on order what else do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thomschoon

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
After looking at all the options and brands, went with an Otter Atlantic. I know Seaskin is well loved on SB, but I wanted my first to be my last.

So those who have been through this before, any suggestions on what else I should add to the order, such as undergarments?

Thanks

Congrats!

I got Otter fleece onesie undersuit (not the kilted one, and certainly not Weezle) - not sure if they are still selling it but it works well for shorter summer dives and Mexican caves and it was cheap and easy to wash frequently. For longer or colder dives, Santi or FourthElement undersuits are pretty nice.

If you have a P-valve - ask for a spare quickconnect. I would also get spare wrist seals.

You can get spare gloves cheaper elsewhere as Kubi are just re-branded Marigold AlphaTec 87-118 gloves. The P-valve is actually OEM LightMonkey so you can get a service kit everywhere if needed too.

After looking at all the options and brands, went with an Otter Atlantic. I know Seaskin is well loved on SB, but I wanted my first to be my last.

So those who have been through this before, any suggestions on what else I should add to the order, such as undergarments?

Thanks
If you going for SiTech necktite, get a spare neck seal.

Thanks
Did you order online yourself or use a local dealer?

Local dealer, price was same and got great service. The LDS was also helping out of area people with their orders versus just purely online. Nice to have someone that knows drysuits to help on order.

I always tell people that are first-time drysuit buyers: don't skimp on undergarments. If you're going to spend $2000+ on a drysuit, budget in some quality undergarments to go with it. I bought multiple cheap undergarments before biting the bullet and finally getting a set of Fourth Element which has been amazing for some of the longer dives. That and a nice wicking base layer go a long way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom