Anyone want to dive Lake Keowee Hot Hole Feb 17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vis should be 10' to 20' unless there is an algae bloom. You will have to dig a hole to get more than 30' of depth at the Hot Hole. If anyone has experience, you can go into the bunker and ride the "water slide" for 100 yards or so. It is tons of fun, but only try it with someone who has done it before. Also get someone to show you the "Superman" rope. You should be able to find fishing lures and boat anchors galore. I'll be out of town, but you guys have fun. I probably have a hundred dives in the Hot Hole.

leah:
I am counting the days and hoping this cool weather is all gone by the 17th!

Same here... weather forecast shows temps starting to climb a little bit next week, hopefully that trend continues.

Well if its cold we'll just have to jump into the water to warm up. It will be a long ride back to shore though.

I dove the Hot Hole for the first time this year on Sunday. Water temps varied between high 70s at the discharge to high 50s where the non-heated water mixes in. Vis was about 10ft. Max depth was 37ft.

FYI- There is no fee to get in to or use the Warpath boat ramps.

leah:
Have you considered a Henderson Hyperstretch suit? You can actually big quite a bit larger than the size chart says and the suit will still fit. I am at least a good size or two larger than my suit and it fits well. Same for my dive buddy her suit is actually 2 sizes below her normal size and it fits great. I think they make them that way so you will feel better about yourself wearing thier suit. LOL

:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: Don't say that . . . I like being 2 sizes smaller :blinking:

I talked to Bill at off the wall today, asking about water temps and exposure protection. He said he would highly recommend a 7mm suit, not because of the water temp(which stays about 69*) but because of how cold we would get topside. He said what we would likely do, since we will be diving shallow profiles, is come up long enough to change tanks and then jump back in the water.

Jocasseegirl:
:crying2: :crying2: :crying2: :crying2: Don't say that . . . I like being 2 sizes smaller :blinking:

Well, I wasn't going to out you by name, but since you posted! LOL:wink:

I have started checking accuweather.com for the weather that day. The forecast will keep changing until it gets really close. They try to forecast 15 days out and it always changes several times.

Thanks for the report xiskiguy. You are welcome to join us Mr Doubles. There will be pleanty of room on the boat.

Leah my wife may want to shop in Greenville while I'm diving. I was just checking on the carpool you were speaking of to see who else was going to meet in Greenville if anybody or is the carpool option out?

Back
Top Bottom