Anyone want to dive Lake Keowee Hot Hole Feb 17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Leah and everybody, As of right now looks like I will be joining you guys on the 17th.
We are still very busy at work trying to get cars built for California race. I think by then it will be calmed down. When I dove thereon Dec 31st the water was 64 degrees. I dove wet in a 4/3 wetsuit and a 3/5 hooded vest. I actually took off the hood. Bill is replacing neck and wrist seals in my drysuit not sure if I will be diving it then or not.

Take care and hope to see you guys on the 17th
Jim

At 37' does anyone know what kind of lighting I will need there? I have a small light but I'm hoping I won't need anything like HID light or anything.

Irregulator you wont need a light at all. Unless you are planning a night dive. The day I went it was actually cloud cover and raining and the vis was just fine. There is a place in there that is 52' and you still can see just fine.

Jim

Oh ok cool...thanks

Here is the list so far of who is going---Correct me if I am wrong

1 Leah
2 Jocasseegirl aka Debbie
3 Irregulator
4 hmsbusch5
5 Divinginn
6 DawgDiver
7 evad ?? maybe
8 Ben R ?? maybe
9 disjected ?? maybe

leah:
Here is the list so far of who is going---Correct me if I am wrong

1 Leah
2 Jocasseegirl aka Debbie
3 Irregulator
4 hmsbusch5
5 Divinginn
6 DawgDiver
7 evad ??
8 Ben Rhodes ??
9 AaronRalson ??

Hey Leah...looks like a great turn out...wish I could join you all...stay warm and don't forget the hot chocolate! Anyone going to be 'shore support?'

Leah are we able to do the carpool or will that not be an option thus far? Wife wants to shop in Greenville just to get out of the house. If not thats no biggie but I told her I would see what we were going to be doing so we could plan accordingly.

Irregulator:
Leah are we able to do the carpool or will that not be an option thus far? Wife wants to shop in Greenville just to get out of the house. If not thats no biggie but I told her I would see what we were going to be doing so we could plan accordingly.

Sure we can meet in Greenville and then head on over to the lake. I have a big truck so we can toss the gear in the the back. I have a cap on the back to keep everything secure.

Does the wife know her way around Greenville or does she need directions to places of interest?

leah:
Thanks for the report xiskiguy. You are welcome to join us Mr Doubles. There will be pleanty of room on the boat.
Thanks for the invite, but I'll be up in West Virginia, checking in ski groups. . .

Leah,

I'm thinking of trying to get on this with you guys (I'm a Charleston guy).

Just working on the wife for the Kitchen pass that day. I doubt she would dive with me (she hates temps less that 75), but I've been chatting with Bill over at Off The Wall about trying to do a dry suit cert.

I'll let you know in the next day or 2 if I can be added.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom