Anyone want to dive Lake Keowee Hot Hole Feb 17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Contributor
Reaction score
I am planning to dive the hot hole on Lake Keowee on Feb 17 with a couple of other Scuba Board folks. The water temp at the hot hole is in the mid 70's year round. We are going on Bill Routh's boat from http://www.offthewalldiving.com/2.html if anybody wants a spot, there is still room. He charges $30 for the boat ride and 2 tanks of air either your filled or his tanks.

So anyone want to come along?:14:

leah:
I am planning to dive the hot hole on Lake Keowee on Feb 17 with a couple of other Scuba Board folks. The water temp at the hot hole is in the mid 70's year round. We are going on Bill Routh's boat from http://www.offthewalldiving.com/2.html if anybody wants a spot, there is still room. He charges $30 for the boat ride and 2 tanks of air either your filled or his tanks.

So anyone want to come along?:14:

Leah,

Sounds like fun, but too far away for me right now.
Will this be the maiden dive for your Golem bp/w?

I removed the 2 D rings on my Golem's crotch strap...won't be using scooters anytime soon. I may add a second D ring to my right chest strap.

Have fun and post a review of your Golem's performance and dive!

Unless I can find a heated pool this will be the maiden dive for the new Golem Stainless Steel Back Plate with #35 wing. Also new reg set ---Aeris Atmos Pro with mathcing back up 2nds stage and perky 7' yellow long hose-- from our friends and Kip at Scuba toys. I suppose Larry at ST too, but Joe and Kip were the ones who waited on me and answered lots of questions for me. New Aeris Atmos 2 computer also from ST. New masks and gauges from Off the Wall and some other assorted toys.

It has been freakishly warm here this winter. I hope in continues on the day of our dive.

Congrats on your acquisitions!

Sounds like a great kit! I just received Diverite pockets to attach to my wetsuit....now to find the right adhesive!

:D

Never have been diving at Lake Keowee..what is the viz like?

I think about 20' give or take a few. There are supposed to be lots of fish in the water in the area. Also have some current you can get in to practice drift diving or you get move out to the edge and just swim slowly. This will be my first time at this dive site. Have heard good things from others that dive it.

Thinking about joining us? We plan to meet at Off the Wall Dive Charters at 10:30am to load the boat. Bill always lets us load the boat first on dry land in the parking lot before he launches so that you don't have to carry your gear a long way. It makes it really nice.

We are the only group going with him that day, so we can take our time diving.

What time are you guys meeting at the boat to leave and what time is the boat pulling out? I live in Sumter so I will have a little driving to do. Do you guys meet at a central location? I saw the cost is 30 for the boat and 2 air fills and wanted to know if there are any entrance fees or anything of that nature. Basically need to know if I'm paying more than the 30 dollars. I am pretty sure I'll be going just need the details. My dad may be interested in going so how many spots do u have available on the boat?

I would love to come up and dive, but when I mapquested it, Keowee is about as far a distance from me and still be within the state. It's almost 5 hours away. :confused:

Anyway, maybe when I visit my sister up at Carolina we could put something together then.

-Michael

We are planning to meet at Off the Wall Dive Charters at 10:30 am. I suspect we will leave Off the Wall around 11:00 once everyone gets tanks and loads their stuff on. If we know you are on the way we can wait if you give us a call from the road and let us know you are on the way. The small boat takes 6 divers and the large one takes 16 comfortably. So if we get over 6, we will just have Bill take us out on the bigger boat. He said he will do whatever we want.

Once we are done diving for the day, a couple of us usually go out to eat for a quick bite somewhere in Greenville or Easley and then head home.

I think there is a $2 park entry fee and $30 gets you on the boat and 2 tanks of air either your own tanks filled before or after the dive or two rental tanks.

Sometimes Google maps and mapquest don't pull up the best directions to the area.
you want to hit highway 11 and take it across to the Salem area. If you let me know where you are coming from, I can post detailed directions for you.

Will a 3mill wet suit be ok for that area or do i need more? I dove ginnie with the three mill and it was fine. I have a camera that I haven't used yet so I'm hoping to get some photos if the viz is good enough.

Back
Top Bottom