Anyone want to dive Lake Keowee Hot Hole Feb 17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If its mid 70s then you can do a 3 mill...like i said I dove Ginnie with a 3 mill in 68 degree temps. Its a little shocking :frosty:to the sensitive areas to begin with but they get used to it.

I am talking water temps in the mid 60's. I have no idea what the weather and air temp will be almost 20 days from now. Very warm I hope! The water temps are usually constant in that area.

Grilling Ribeyes on the grill anyone want to stop by:D

that warmer water sounds better than 45-50 degrees here at lanier,i may be interested in going,how far from ga,sc border on i85 is it.

The water stays constantly warm because it is the secondary cooling water from the power plant. Since it is being pumped out into the lake it produces mild to moderate current depeding on where you swim into it. Since the water is warm the fish love it there.

I am not familiar with Lake Lanier and how far away is it is from Keowee.

Use these two addresses for an approximate distance on www.mapquest.com

Off the Wall shop address 350 Jocassee Lake Rd, Salem, SC 29676
Phone 864-944-9255
http://www.offthewalldiving.com/2.html

Keowee State Park http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park-finder/state-park/972.aspx
MILES TO:
Charleston, SC: 250
Columbia, SC: 136
Florence, SC: 217
Greenville, SC: 35
Charlotte, NC: 127
Raleigh, NC: 269
Atlanta, GA: 145
Augusta, GA: 135
Savannah, GA: 247

Devils Fork State Park/ Lake Jocassee
http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park-finder/state-park/1355.aspxMILES TO:
Charleston, SC: 235
Columbia, SC: 135
Florence, SC: 218
Greenville, SC: 36
Charlotte, NC: 128
Raleigh, NC: 270
Atlanta, GA: 140
Augusta, GA: 135

We will be diving at Keowee this time, I include this since it has a map and Bill's shop Off the Wall Diving is right before the park entrance. We are planning to meet has his shop around 10:30am on the 17th

Lake Jocassee/ Off the Wall
I-85 exit 40, turn on Hwy 153 to Easley go about 4 miles
Hwy 123 south to Easley
Fork to right onto Hwy 93, just past Hardies on the left. Go all the way thru downtown Easley.
Merge straight onto Hwy 8 to Pickens at the stop light past the next Hardies
Left onto Hwy 183 near McDonald’s.
Go all the way thru Pickens
Right onto Shady Grove Rd where the 4 lanes ends near BP gas station
Shady Grove Rd till it dead-ends at the Church and Store.
Right onto Hwy 133 go about 3 miles
Left onto Hwy 11 go about 3 miles
Right onto Boones Creek Rd at the gas station store looks like log cabin go ½ mile
Right onto Jocassee Lake Rd at Boones Creek Church go about a mile or so and Off the Wall Diving will be on your right.
If you get to Devils Fork State Park or state park or Hoyts Grocery/ Jocassee Outdoor Center you have gone too far.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you wish to meet us directly at the boat ramp then, follow the above directions and when you get to Pickens stay on 183 and go about 8-10 miles out of Pickens on 183
4 way stop go straight through and travel a little less than 2.5 miles
Right on Warpath
Go about 1 mile and the ramp and dock on left.

$2 per person to get into the park, bring correct change

thanks leah,my family has a cabin on lake hartwell,sounds pretty close to there,might stay there the night before,less driving before diving,i will see if any of the looney birds want to go,hard to beat 30 dollars for two dives.

I'll second that. I'm just trying to find someone that can sell a fat guy a 7mill wetsuit. My size is hard to come by. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom