Anyone want to dive Lake Keowee Hot Hole Feb 17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm wearing a 2x right now but I know some wetsuits have different versions of 2x. 3x is hard to come by unless you're 6'10". I'm 5'10" 280lbs. Currently trying to lose some weight but I'm not waiting to dive that long. I've always been kinda big and used to work out in a gym so a good weight for me with my stature is probably about 220.

try tommy sports suits on ebay,they have larger sizes,not sure on lengths,prices are great under 100 dollars,the people i have seen diving them seem to like them.

Cool thanks I'll check it out now.

Found one already..anyone know anything about a farmer john wetsuit..never wore one. Not sure about the comfort. I guess I could use the shorty in the summer.

Attachments

• ced9_1.jpg
    ced9_1.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 54
Yep, Hartwell is close to all the action. Jocassee is the first lake in the chain, then Keowee, and then Hartwell.

The vis is best in Jocassee and the least boat traffic, Keowee has the hot hole for winter diving, and Hartwell is too murky and to many boats and jet skies for a sane person to do any diving.

Have you considered a Henderson Hyperstretch suit? You can actually big quite a bit larger than the size chart says and the suit will still fit. I am at least a good size or two larger than my suit and it fits well. Same for my dive buddy her suit is actually 2 sizes below her normal size and it fits great. I think they make them that way so you will feel better about yourself wearing thier suit. LOL Not sure if the men's sizing is the same way or not. I would call www.scubatoys.com and talk with them about how the sizes work for Henderson if you are interested in one.

I love my new Henderson Hyperstretch it is so easy to get in and out of and feels like it was made just for me. Now if I could only look good in it all would be well!!

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=HyperstretchFull7_5M link ot the suit

Link to size chart
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/wetsuits/sizehenderson.asp

The Henderson Hyperstretch 3xl would probably work and as you loose weight would still continue to work for you.

I have worn farmer johns and I like them. If it fits right you shouldn't have any problems.

Cool..thanks for all the input. Sure glad I ran across this board by accident. You actually get responses:11:. Might even end up with a couple of fairly close by dive buddies out of this deal. Oh and yeah its a 7 mill to answer your question. :)

divinginn:
thanks leah,my family has a cabin on lake hartwell,sounds pretty close to there,might stay there the night before,less driving before diving,i will see if any of the looney birds want to go,hard to beat 30 dollars for two dives.

And it includes tanks! I might end up heading up for this myself.... shouldn't be more than a 2 hour drive at most.

I know it is still a couple of weeks out, but hopefully, we can get a head count by Monday Feb 12 so I know which boat to tell them to get ready for us. He has two dive boats that are custom built for diving. I am hoping we can get over 7 people so we can take the bigger boat. The big boat holds 16 people nicely and the small boat holds 6 divers.

Yep, the $30 includes 2 tanks of gas. He will either fill your tanks before or after the dive which ever makes more sense for you. So if your tanks are already full, then he will refill them after the dive or if they are empty will fill them up before. If you don't have tanks, you can use his at no extra charge.

He always has everyone load the boat in the parking lot so no long hikes to the dock or twisted ankles loading gear over the rocks. Being a gal, I struggle with lugging all the gear as it is, so not having to hike a long way with all that stuff is a big draw for me.

In the summer months, after we are done diving we usually head back to Bill's place at Off the Wall and hang out for a bit. He built a deck with surround seating. It is covered by shade trees. Very nice place to hang out for a bit before the drive home and talk about the days diving with one another while you are waiting for fills or just kicking back. Sometimes, we do a cook out there and take advantage of his grill by the deck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom