Anyone used the Divesoft DSV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@mehfridge yes I did. I have been using the DiveSoft DSV on my rEvo with their HUD adapter for the rEvo dream. I also had it on my SF2 for a while before I sold it.

I feel the Divesoft DSV is nicely built. The one downside is you need to keep the barrel super-lubed otherwise it becomes very difficult to open but that was typical for other DSVs.

No issues at all so far. I like being able to quickly take the DSV off the hoses for inspection and cleaning with their removable fittings and not touch the hose clamps.

I will conceit the IQSub / GolemGear quick-disconnect fittings are far superior. At some point I will probably buy another IQSub DSV since my other rebreather has a GolemGear BOV on it and it would be nice to be able to simply swap BOV / DSVs on both units.

@mehfridge yes I did. I have been using the DiveSoft DSV on my rEvo with their HUD adapter for the rEvo dream. I also had it on my SF2 for a while before I sold it.

I feel the Divesoft DSV is nicely built. The one downside is you need to keep the barrel super-lubed otherwise it becomes very difficult to open but that was typical for other DSVs.

No issues at all so far. I like being able to quickly take the DSV off the hoses for inspection and cleaning with their removable fittings and not touch the hose clamps.

I will conceit the IQSub / GolemGear quick-disconnect fittings are far superior. At some point I will probably buy another IQSub DSV since my other rebreather has a GolemGear BOV on it and it would be nice to be able to simply swap BOV / DSVs on both units.
I agree the QDs on the golem gear are better, but the Divesoft has so many pluses it's a nonissue. I typically avoided GG due to their horrible customer service. Now that they've been bought I have more confidence in them. That being said, I think the Divesoft is more comfortable in the water and a better quality product.
I did initially find the barrel very sticky at first. I had divesoft relube it and both have been fine for a long time since. I'm slightly biased because divesoft is 8 minutes from my office, so I can run by anytime I need anything.

Thanks for the responses. I just completed Mod 1 so I'll probably stick with the stock DSV for a season and evaluate if I want to upgrade to the divesoft DSV from there.

The GG DSV looks like it's a bit bulkier than the stock Revo or divesoft DSVs, so I think I'll stick with one of those.

Thanks for the responses. I just completed Mod 1 so I'll probably stick with the stock DSV for a season and evaluate if I want to upgrade to the divesoft DSV from there.

The GG DSV looks like it's a bit bulkier than the stock Revo or divesoft DSVs, so I think I'll stick with one of those.
I put the dive soft dsv on my rEvo and am super happy with it. It can be stiff but so was the rEvo and I had a bunch of issues with the stock dsv not holding a negative. The best part though is the nerd holder for the dive soft is way more stable. If you decide to upgrade it later to a bov the hose nipples can be reused.

rEvo diver here with a Divesoft BOV.
Service locally by a trained technician, so no need to ship to FL.
The BOV works fine (but admittedly not tested in critical situation just yet).
Cons:
- pulling a negative is a bit trickier, since the seal is made by the reg's valve. You need to plug the hose shut (I use my thumb).
- the BOV is HEAVY, so the gag-strap is mandatory. Not so much an issue in water than it is topside.
- You have to retrain your brain (for instance, do not bailout on your BOV and then, when switching to your bailout reg, flip the valve back "open", as I did in my first pool trial).
- You need to think through the plumbing. I currently use a XScuba quick-disconnect attached to my bottom bailout, but that requires some extra manipulation before handing my tank back to the boat at the end (and of course, not forget to connect it before jumping in). I am planning to switch to a QC6 quick-disconnect to make this easier (and avoid potential water ingress into the hose attached to the BOV).
- One more check to do before jumping in (an easy one: take a breath or two in the OC position).

Pros:
- Any doubt, flip the switch and you are breathing from your bailout tank. You then have plenty of time to sort out your issues. As a mostly solo diver, this is one less thing to worry about and worth all the (minor) above cons.

Hows the noise level of the divesoft dsv? I had a gg dsv on my revo for a bit and i couldn’t stand how noisey it was compared to the revo dsv. Swapping to revo mushroom valves helped but still drove me nuts. The gg hud mount for the nerd is also annoying as it moves around.

rEvo diver here with a Divesoft BOV.
Service locally by a trained technician, so no need to ship to FL.
The BOV works fine (but admittedly not tested in critical situation just yet).
Cons:
- pulling a negative is a bit trickier, since the seal is made by the reg's valve. You need to plug the hose shut (I use my thumb).
- the BOV is HEAVY, so the gag-strap is mandatory. Not so much an issue in water than it is topside.
- You have to retrain your brain (for instance, do not bailout on your BOV and then, when switching to your bailout reg, flip the valve back "open", as I did in my first pool trial).
- You need to think through the plumbing. I currently use a XScuba quick-disconnect attached to my bottom bailout, but that requires some extra manipulation before handing my tank back to the boat at the end (and of course, not forget to connect it before jumping in). I am planning to switch to a QC6 quick-disconnect to make this easier (and avoid potential water ingress into the hose attached to the BOV).
- One more check to do before jumping in (an easy one: take a breath or two in the OC position).

Pros:
- Any doubt, flip the switch and you are breathing from your bailout tank. You then have plenty of time to sort out your issues. As a mostly solo diver, this is one less thing to worry about and worth all the (minor) above cons.
You find the Divesoft heavy. I find the GG heavier, especially in the water. Never had an issue with a negative, unless thats a revo specific thing
Hows the noise level of the divesoft dsv? I had a gg dsv on my revo for a bit and i couldn’t stand how noisey it was compared to the revo dsv. Swapping to revo mushroom valves helped but still drove me nuts. The gg hud mount for the nerd is also annoying as it moves around.
Quiet

You find the Divesoft heavy. I find the GG heavier, especially in the water.
The main issue for me is finding the right hose orientation, as the BOV has a tendency to flip down mouthpiece downward, which is the opposite of what I typically try to achieve, so this requires a little bit more care than was needed with the DSV. Glad to hear it is lighter than the GG.
Never had an issue with a negative, unless thats a revo specific thing
It might be me. I just never managed to get as much of a delta P as I used to with my DSV, but good enough to assess for leaks.
Hows the noise level of the divesoft dsv?
Can't speak for the DSV, as I only have a BOV. No noise except for the occasional flapper valve vibration initially if it has dried up a bit (as would happen for a DSV, which I now avoid by keeping the BOV closed and submerging it in lukewarm water for a while after a long break - as I did for my DSV).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom