Anyone used the Divesoft DSV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Just looking for opinions / information. Has anyone used the Divesoft DSV? Thoughts?

I was tempted to pick up a Golem DSV which seems a lot of people use but I'd like to get it by the end of 2023 or possibly this century.

The Divesoft one looks well engineered, one handed operation to close, removable fittings that allow easy cleaning of the DSV and inspection of mushroom valves.
DSV with hose nipples for rEvo, SF2 - Divesoft.cz

If it helps I love my divesoft bov. It’s a great piece of gear and have never had issues with it. Divesoft is local to me which helps, but either way their customer service is excellent. Golem gear is a good unit and people like them. But I also think it’s popular because he was in the market first compared to divesoft and got a following. I will always go out of my way to not buy golem gear because the customer service is atrocious. If he sends your stuff ASAP it’s good. If not you could wait months. He’s a nice guy but a horrible businessman.
I’d say try the divesoft. Those guys will happily answer any questions or fix any issues.

Thanks. That is what I am leaning towards I like Golem Gear's stuff but I have not had great experiences ordering from him; I'll just leave it at that.

The Divesoft stuff looks well made to me. I like the one handed operation for closing and the fact I can remove the DSV from hoses for easy cleaning. I just don't know anyone using their actual DSV.

I wonder how hard it is to get service kits I suppose that is my other concern. Hopefully dealers can order them easily.

Ahoot the guys at divesoft usa an email. I’m pretty dure they’ll sell service kits. They may even be on their website. I’m sure they’ll give you a straight answer

i know @rddvet as a fathom diver and @macado IRL. Curious why you're going DVS vs a BOV. Is this for the SF2 or Revo? Can't speak at all for the DSV but with golem it seems the way to go unfortunately is to go through some sort of intermediary - in my case Charlie if i need anything for my fathom's golem BOV so I understand the reluctance.

The DiveSoft DSV (or BOV) has adapters that would fit my SF2 and rEvo so I'd have the option of using it on either although I would be using it on my SF2. I actually had the Drager/rEvo DSV on my SF2 for while but I am looking for something to replace the ****** stock SF2 DSV. The nylon material of the SF2 swells in cold water and the gasket / o-ring on the lever shreds easily which is super annoying and requires constant tightening otherwise you'll get minor bubbling or water ingress (easily caught in your build checklist and on positive/negatives but it's still annoying/)

The BOV vs. DSV debate. I'm not against BOVs at all and a lot of people I dive with use them. I just prefer the simplicity, lightweight/streamlined ness of a standard DSV. In caves/wrecks I typically wear my deep bailout on a bungeed necklace and I'm comfortable switching back and forth. I actually do it regularly to keep the muscle memory. I realize a BOV is superior here since I can get fresh breathable gas quickly with the flip of a switch. I know there are endless debates on the merits of a BOVs vs DSVs but I've just decided to stick with a DSV for the time being.

i know @rddvet as a fathom diver and @macado IRL. Curious why you're going DVS vs a BOV. Is this for the SF2 or Revo? Can't speak at all for the DSV but with golem it seems the way to go unfortunately is to go through some sort of intermediary - in my case Charlie if i need anything for my fathom's golem BOV so I understand the reluctance.

I agree it's easier to buy golem products through vendors like Charlie or Subgravity. Unfortunately I know so many people screwed over by Golem on stuff that I avoid them like the plague. Jakub a very nice guy and I've enjoyed talking to him every time we've seen each other, but his customer service is atrocious. If there's a comparable product from his competitors I will always buy from them. Plus add the awesome service I get from Divesoft. I live in St Petersburg, FL. Golem is in Tampa, 30 minutes away. Divesoft is in largo, 10 minutes away. I can show up at divesoft any time they're open for business and get a problem solved. I definitely couldn't do that with golem. You can't even email or call Jakub and be able to predict if you'll ever hear back from him or not.

Thanks. That is what I am leaning towards I like Golem Gear's stuff but I have not had great experiences ordering from him; I'll just leave it at that.

The Divesoft stuff looks well made to me. I like the one handed operation for closing and the fact I can remove the DSV from hoses for easy cleaning. I just don't know anyone using their actual DSV.

I wonder how hard it is to get service kits I suppose that is my other concern. Hopefully dealers can order them easily.

Melissa at Hidden Worlds did a Liberty online thing, she's an instructor for their sidemount CCR - she may have an opinion

Just looking for opinions / information. Has anyone used the Divesoft DSV? Thoughts?

I was tempted to pick up a Golem DSV which seems a lot of people use but I'd like to get it by the end of 2023 or possibly this century.

The Divesoft one looks well engineered, one handed operation to close, removable fittings that allow easy cleaning of the DSV and inspection of mushroom valves.
DSV with hose nipples for rEvo, SF2 - Divesoft.cz
just order from subgravity
DSV - Dive Surface Valve - Subgravity

If it's not in stock they will tell you, along with a legit timeline to get it

Back
Top Bottom