Anyone use an Oly c50 Zoom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noodlefish

Registered
Reaction score
We've been looking at three/four digital cameras to buy and have come up with the following shortlist, based on our requirements:

Reqs: We only go diving twice a year (maybe 30 dives per year). Live in UK but don't dive around the British Isles at all. Want a small, light camera to use predominantly topside and u/w, that has relatively good functions, especially macro and won't be obselete in a year...

Oly c50 Zoom - small, compact, 5mp - PT housing great by all accounts
Canon s40 - small, compact, only 4mp - housing not as good?
Oly 5050 - larger, 5mp - great housing.
Canon s30 - last choice. Cheapest option.

I have seen/read tons about the 5050, but v little about the c50 zoom. Anyone dive with one? Any comments, links, pics, etc?

Thanks for all your help.

Noodlefish once bubbled...
We've been looking at three/four digital cameras to buy and have come up with the following shortlist, based on our requirements:

Reqs: We only go diving twice a year (maybe 30 dives per year). Live in UK but don't dive around the British Isles at all. Want a small, light camera to use predominantly topside and u/w, that has relatively good functions, especially macro and won't be obselete in a year...

Oly c50 Zoom - small, compact, 5mp - PT housing great by all accounts
Canon s40 - small, compact, only 4mp - housing not as good?
Oly 5050 - larger, 5mp - great housing.
Canon s30 - last choice. Cheapest option.

I have seen/read tons about the 5050, but v little about the c50 zoom. Anyone dive with one? Any comments, links, pics, etc?

Thanks for all your help.

Of these listed, the Canon S40 fits your criteria the best. I have friends who have it and they are very pleased with it and the results. The photos I've seen are very good. It's small enough to stow away in a pocket if needed, the housing is good although I don't know the depth rating right off, 4MP will give you 8x10" prints.

I don't know anyone who has a C-50, don't know why. Too new, not suitable for underwater, not marketed in the US...I just don't know.

Thanks Dee.

Will check out the S40 (there's a proprietary Canon housing which is rated to 98 feet, I think). Not sure if there's another housing available. Will continue to look around. Thanks again. I'll let you know what I find out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom