Question Help me Decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know it’s a Nauticam data point, but…

I have the port for the 60 macro. The Olympus 12-50 fits great in this and furthermore the Kraken /WeeFine #1 lens works with this combo with no vignetting at 12mm. For me this is an acceptable one port setup which gives me three configurations for macro, general purpose, and wide angle. I can do light-macro with a +5 diopter.

maybe something similar works in Ikelite land.

I know it’s a Nauticam data point, but…

I have the port for the 60 macro. The Olympus 12-50 fits great in this and furthermore the Kraken /WeeFine #1 lens works with this combo with no vignetting at 12mm. For me this is an acceptable one port setup which gives me three configurations for macro, general purpose, and wide angle. I can do light-macro with a +5 diopter.

maybe something similar works in Ikelite land.
Thanks. That's a huge help. If I can avoid vignetting in the short ikelite flat port (w/ or w/o an extension), that would be ideal.
If not, I suppose that the 30 oly is cheap enough (and works in the same port as the 60) that I can pick it up and use for fish -portrait/not quite macro, along with the WWL/Kraken for true wide as that fl seems to be right in the WWL's wheelhouse. Though not a all in one single dive quiver, it would seem to work as a set of single port options.

Well, after doing the research that I should have done months ago, I decided to follow (sort of) @Mike1967 's suggestion and go a different direction. Rather than the TG6, though, I'm going to go with the EPL10 in the AOI/backscatter housing. This will preserve most of the features that I am looking for (full manual, backbutton focus, interchangeable prime lenses, etc), with the exception of full TTL. Importantly, it looks like the port and wet lens options are alot more robust than ikelite provides. Anyone interested in a good deal on an EM10iiis with a shutter count of 10 or so??
Thanks
Tom

Back
Top Bottom