Anyone up for Monday and/or Tuesday 3/30 & 3/31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pt Lobos was a great dive, it was super calm in the cove and easy to enter/exit. That was a change from Sunday at Mcabee where we fought to get in only to turn out in 10 minutes.

I was towed out by Don and his scooter, thanks Don (what an experience). I also want to thank Don for giving me the courage to lead out into Middle reef and Hole in the wall on two separate dives.

I'm trying to become a leader and not the follower and his training is really helping me out.

Water was 48 degrees and once again I stayed nice and toasty the entire dive. If I don't wiggle my toes towards the end I feel them getting cold but that is towards the end of the dive.

Then when I get out and take two steps on land the warmth of my body flushes it to my feet, I love diving dry. :)

Anyway, Don did take a lot of video so I should appear soon somewhere on this site. :)

MG

Last edited:
Hey Mike. you guys took off pretty quick. I got back with the trailer and you were gone. Oh well. we can catch up this weekend.

Hey Ron,

I had to take off immediately, I teach classes at 6pm in Hayward. I barely made it on time. Luckly there was no traffic heading back from Monterey to the East Bay.

I should see you on Saturday at the MAG, did Kathy get a hold of you? She was trying to get your number of which I don't have.

Hopefully she did and you were able to help her out. Hey Ron it was funny that I thought there was a Brewski look a like at Pt Lobos.

I kept asking myself, man that dude looks like Ron, he evens sounds like Ron. But I kept ignoring my gut instinct because I recognize your old drysuit and it wasn't there.

This guy was even hollering and being loud at Pt Lobos like the real Ron, but I still didn't know it was you... :rofl3: J/K

MG

Glad I wasn't able to make it then :D

Mike Mill,

You missed stellar vizibility like you had on my B-day. You would've been okay because 48 degrees was only in small sections of the dive.

At the surface it was 54 degrees, so I would have kept you there on patrol for in case I make another mistake and need you to rescue me. :rofl3: J/K

Seriously it would've been great to have you there, the more the merrier, plus you would've been able to harrass the new and improved Ron in his new drysuit.

MG

Anyway, Don did take a lot of video so I should appear soon somewhere on this site. :)

Here's the first dive to Hole in the Wall:

Here's the second dive to the end of Middle Reef:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom