Anyone still have fun diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I admit I'm new here. Since joining a couple weeks ago, I have found a ton of fabulous information, insights and other things to improve my diving ability, all of which help feed this new addiction. However, one thing I find glaringly missing on these boards is anyone, except for a few newbies, expressing any shear joy about a dive. Oh, there are 1200 posts about wheather or not to tip, wear your mask on your head, perform the Warhammer, or if your LDS should be in business. There are numerous threads about bouyancy control, SAC rates, and whether you should dive tech/DIR/rec. We are all full of questions about if everything we do at every step of a dive is "correct" (an impossibility given the number of opinions about what "correct" is). But rarely do I see a post from anyone just letting everyone know about a great dive. Have divers become so complacent about what we do that the joy of being underwater is gone? :confused:

I do, and I'm sure lots of others do too. You are correct that most people don't talk about it. If you have too much fun, someone will find a way to rain on your parade. :wink:

well isn't any day spent in the water a wonderful day? I think you will find lots of happy dive stories in the local pages. (socal kelp divers for you)

merxlin:
I admit I'm new here. Since joining a couple weeks ago, I have found a ton of fabulous information, insights and other things to improve my diving ability, all of which help feed this new addiction. However, one thing I find glaringly missing on these boards is anyone, except for a few newbies, expressing any shear joy about a dive. Oh, there are 1200 posts about wheather or not to tip, wear your mask on your head, perform the Warhammer, or if your LDS should be in business. There are numerous threads about bouyancy control, SAC rates, and whether you should dive tech/DIR/rec. We are all full of questions about if everything we do at every step of a dive is "correct" (an impossibility given the number of opinions about what "correct" is). But rarely do I see a post from anyone just letting everyone know about a great dive. Have divers become so complacent about what we do that the joy of being underwater is gone? :confused:

Good question. Nah, diving is horrible. We only do it because we are forced to by our LDS and the Scuba Board. Imagine having to go to places that have white beaches and palm trees, not to mention reefs, walls and trade winds? Awful. Some places we dive even have loads of fish in the water. ugh! Yeah, no one here likes diving.,

I can see where you could get that impression! We have too much fun here on Oahu.

I have pics to prove it.

I have fun diving, but I wear a back inflate BC with an Air2 and most of my gear is blue.

I don't think complacent is the right word, but I get your drift. Frankly, I think the joy is a given. Being on the board and exerting all the effort that diving requires just for those all too brief moments underwater are indicative of a group of people who truly enjoy what they do. Just a matter of perspective, I guess.

Go to the PPD forum. They know how to have fun. The majority of SBers seem to take an unnatural pleasure in scolding other divers and obsessing about equipment configurations--to each his own I guess.

by the way, i was thinking all the tough hard *** serious people around here still strap on all their super high tech gear and equipment just to go under water just to

LOOK AT ALL THE PRETTY LITTLE FISHYS AND CORALS. HOW CUTE.

but really, the locals we must endure to dive geez what a rough sport we participate in. I mean really i was on a 37' sailboat all cramped up in my berth all weekend just to dive. Meanwhile my friends were at home running honey do's at Home Depot. Lucky saps.

What's a honey do?
Whoops Got it - honey do this, honey do that is it ? If so, that's erhhh American.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom