Anyone recognize this (supposedly) 7.5 cfm Bauer block?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
If you have any idea of the vintage or who/how this block was put together please let me know. The seller is not very helpful, claims it has only 20hrs... The final filter (if nothing else) seems to be from a different manufacturer, although maybe its just "vintage"

Need more pictures to be sure, but it looks like it could be a Poseidon to me. They use a mixture of proprietary parts and Bauer parts. I can not recommend an older one, since some of the proprietary parts are just not readily available or excessively expensive. I spent quite a bit of time working on one just to have it eat up a cylinder that I have not been able to find. Do yourself a favor and go with a straight Bauer block instead. Based on the HP of the Motor, I would be kind of skeptical to think it will put out 7.5 cfm. Its probably along the lines of a Poseidon p135 which is under 5 cfm. If so it is more like the older Bauer Capitano, and some of the valve parts are interchangeable.

Good luck!!

Cheers, Walt

Yeah the belt guard is orange so that immediately said poseiden to me as well. The price was right but nothing about the seller added up so I passed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom