Anyone recognize this drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is the cheapest drysuit I have ever come across. I have heard of the company but dont know much about their products. Has anyone used this suit? Thoughts and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Sea Elite Scout Drysuit @ Divers-Supply.com

Thanks

This suit is a bi-laminate shell suit with a self-donning front zipper and is probably the best value dry-suit you can purchase particularly when you consider the fact that it is self donning. I have sold several to pool repair divers, recreational divers, and even 1 tech diver, and they have all found this suit to meet all their needs and to be holding up extremely well. My tech diver purchased it as a temporary measure until he could afford a more expensive model and that was 3 years ago and probably 100 cave dives or more ago plus many other non-cave tech dives. Suffice it to say he had not yet felt the need to upgrade it. Please feel free to call me (770) 419-1976 or pm me with any specific questions you have about the suit or if I can be of any other assistance to you. The suit is made in the continental U.S. so that's a bonus too. Cheers, Jack

Looks similar to the Viking X-treme but that's just an obsevation. Doesn't mean they're similar although both are bilam's. Have never seen or heard of this suit but...
I know a few people who dive X-treme's and my wife and I both had them at one time. They're ok but light duty and tend to delaminate over time.

Looks similar to the Viking X-treme but that's just an obsevation. Doesn't mean they're similar although both are bilam's. Have never seen or heard of this suit but...
I know a few people who dive X-treme's and my wife and I both had them at one time. They're ok but light duty and tend to delaminate over time.

By "delaminate" you mean they are not waterproof anymore?

I'm by no means affiliated with Dive Right in Scuba, but they are having a great sale and have some suits of more recognition almost as cheap. They have an AquaSport drysuit at $550 for example. They also have a full trilaminate Pinnacle Freedom 2 at $670 which in my opinion is a great deal (as it comes with some features only found on more expensive suits). Look around and I bet you will find more great deals around the internet these days. At the same time, remember that the drysuit will hopefully serve you for years and as relatively large investment it might make sense to spend little more for a quality suit (I don't have any experience with the suit you're asking about so it's not necessarily a bad suit).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom