Anyone know what gives with the Sherwood Wisdom price increase on LP?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had a Sherwood Wisdom Dive Computer on my wish list at Leisure Pro for awhile, and last night the price suddenly shot up $200. Anyone know what's going on? I didn't see where it was a new model or anything.

I think someone on the board said that Oceanic and Aeris have basically the same computers. Should we be expecting them to go up in price, as well?

Yikes! I'd better get something on ebay, quick, I guess!

=-)

L2GD

That they are authorized dealers now?:wacko: :confused:

At $584, they are now more expensive than what I paid at the LDS and the $70 or so extra bucks for the compass module is way out of line.

From what I have heard, Scubapro is also about to cut off L-P's access to Scubapro regs from off shore sources, so I suspect they will soon either no longer be available or will be costing more $.

I understand the whole supporting your local dive shop thing, I try to support mine as much as I can. However this is a free market economy, why are all of the manufacturers so anit lp? Why don't they just make them an authorized dealership and get it over with?

My two cents.

I don't know but....

I'm thinking they corrected an error they had in their pricing. A week ago, they listed the Wisdom computer console alone at 599.00 and had the Wisdom with the Compass attachment at approx 479.00. That was baffling!

I noticed that...almost bought a widsom too, but I think I'm getting a cobra for xmas sooooo....

:deal:

I went ahead and got a Wisdom with compass and QD, on eBay, before they all went up, too.

Can't wait to use it!

I love hearing everyone's ideas.

Thanks!

L2GD

I have the LP Christmas Special Catalog right in front of me and it says Sherwood Wisdom Computer Console $429 without compass and $459 with compass...That price ROCKS! Those are great units and that price is crazy!

iflyprops once bubbled...
I understand the whole supporting your local dive shop thing, I try to support mine as much as I can. However this is a free market economy, why are all of the manufacturers so anit lp? Why don't they just make them an authorized dealership and get it over with?

My two cents.

My LDS indicated that LP has been "raided" by several of the major manufacturers; someone found counterfit units. I can't substantiate this, but I already told him I would buy from him despite the price difference BEFORE he told me this, so I am inclined to believe he wasn't making it up.

Also, think about where LP buys their units. Some of the sources are undoubtedly dive shops going out of business. Now, they COULD send their inventory back to the manufacturer and pay the 15% restocking fee. However, instead they may be choosig to sell for less than $0.50 on the dollar to LP. Why? Perhaps they haven't paid the supplier for their goods and plan on walking away from their bill.

Now, I am just offering some scenarios, but you can see why manufacturers don't want to support the goods LP sells... in a way, they may see the goods as "stolen" out of their own pocket. Just food for thought...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom