Anyone interested in a "Tweak"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben-Nice of you to put this together!Unfortunately I have to work this Sat (rare)
otherwise I would be there! Its always nice to meet people from the board.
Ill be ther next sat if anyone is diving then...

Id be willing to participate in the future...Maybe when things warm up we can plan a little BBQ/Dive/Get together..?

For you wet suit guys..(im one of them) bring a couple of thermos's of hot water to
pour down your suit and into your booties! A thermos of hot soup always hits the spot for me beteween dives.

Be safe, have fun and try to stay warm-supposed to be an Arctic Blast coming our way...?

Ironworker-Ben is a great guy, and can help you with your BPW and weighting ?'s

Drew

A Nor Cal SB get together is long overdue... maybe this summer... Pt Lobos perhaps... but I doubt we'll be able to get everyone in... We'll catch you next time Drew....

Next weekend Jim will be hosting :)

Good tip on the thernos of hot water.... Is the coin operated shower still working? I remember that being a life saver for the wetsuit guys also....

I dive wet for now and maybe some day i will make the jump to dry. Thanks for the thermo advice. Lucky I own a long and warm jacket that i had back in the day that will become my dive jacket from now on. I heard it going to be pretty cold this weekend and still excited to meet some of the members here.

dannobee:
I've gotten the Deli Lady to smile before. =)
It's all in the tip.

Actually, I've never heard the phrase Tweak Dive. Can someone explain it here or in a PM? Am I missing something? Probably!

drbill:
Actually, I've never heard the phrase Tweak Dive. Can someone explain it here or in a PM? Am I missing something? Probably!

Tweak is pretty much a minor tune up. So this "tweak" dive is for divers to tune their safety, swimming, or equipment skills. Hope that clears up for you Professor. :)

Ah, "I see" said the blind professor. Isn't every dive a tweak dive then?

Not all divers take an emphasis on practicing skills... most seasoned divers do but often do not notice... (mask clearing, switching to secondary while fiddling with primary) btu they do... Not that we won't have any fun this weekend but it's good to get out and pair up some of the old and new and we can both learn stuff together

Actually, I think the term "tweek" came from Seattle, and was used to denote a midweek dive, whether training or otherwise. At least that's what I was told when I misspelled it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom