Anyone interested in a "Tweak"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swells today was alot better then last week, hopefully that shouldn't be a problem.

Ben_ca:
Last Call.... Who's still in?

I'm in dog.. I need help with some skills.

Sorry I couldn't make it. How did the dive go?

I was only able to do one dive today, but still had a lot of fun.

Dove with Ironworker377, Adobo and another diver (who may or may not be on the board) along the Breakwater wall. Ben_ca, KMD, and another friend did a scooter run.

The surface temperature was probably in the 40s, but it did not feel that cold. There were no huddled masses and the students in their OW classes did not look frozen.

The only goal of our dive was to help Ironworker377 get his Monterey weighting down. We all agreed that he'd need less than 50#s, but the final number had to be determined in the water. Otherwise, we were just going to cruise and enjoy.

Entry was easy, though there was some small chop on the surface.

We kicked only a little bit, did a quick check to make sure we actually did put have enough weight, and then dropped in 10-15 viz.

Kicking out along the wall, the viz remained between those ranges. Away from the wall, I think that viz was better since I saw some u/w photos that showed clearer waters.

On the wall, I saw the usual suspects - strawberry anenomes, starfish, cucumbers, etc. Because of the particles in the water, all the colors were muted, which was unfortunate.

We were diving at a leisurely pace to give Ironworker a chance to dial himself in and get used to his new DSS rig. The dive was turned on pressure, and Ironworker and I had a nice 40 minute dive.

Bottom temp by my Archimedes was 49 degrees. Others reported 50 and 52 degrees, though all of us were incredulous at the 52 degree reading. We all agreed that is was pretty chilly, though the complaints really came from drysuit divers saying that we couldn't feel our feet.

Still, I had a great time.

I would have gone, but the problem is I have a total nitrogen of 89 from Friday's dive. Also since everybody was in drysuit, I'll be in a wetsuit and may have frozen to death and I don't want to be a liability to everybody. Hopefully I can meet up with everybody in the future.

All I have to say is this: If you didn't stick around for the night dive, you missed out!

Sure, it was cold topside. Sure, it was cold underwater. Sure, it was dark. But I saw stuff last night at the Breakwater I've never seen there or anywhere else in the last year of diving here.

Purple striped jellyfish. A big one about the size of a basketball.

Squid eggs out by the barge.

The barge.

One of those rainbow nudi's that get about a foot long.

Sea pens.

Could I feel my toes when I got out of the water? No. But, man, what a great dive!

Funny that the Drysuit guys were complaining about the cold but Ironworker wasn't :D

I was cold after a 75 min dive.... about 60-65 mins was pure trigger time :)

Without kicking and and the faster flow of water over you it gets pretty cold.... oh a flood too on the dryglove... but alls good.

Great meeting Ironworker and hopefully we'll see him again out there... Hopefully we didn't scare him with our rantings and ravings...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom