Anyone heard of Nasution Scuba Supply?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all

I wish I had been as savvy and wise as you all. I am sorry to say that I have been scammed just in the last three weeks by Nasution. I transferred money via Western Union. I haven't received any gear and when I call the number it is disconnected. They haven't replied to my emails for 10 days.

Do not use Nasution Scuba. They are not legitimate. Good on you all for spotting it. Wish I had

ANYONE who wants your money VIA Western Union is a scam.

Hello all

I wish I had been as savvy and wise as you all. I am sorry to say that I have been scammed just in the last three weeks by Nasution. I transferred money via Western Union. I haven't received any gear and when I call the number it is disconnected. They haven't replied to my emails for 10 days.

Do not use Nasution Scuba. They are not legitimate. Good on you all for spotting it. Wish I had

Just for future reference, any website that has only non-cancelable non-traceable payment methods is probably a scam.

Their only two payment methods are "western union" and "bank transfer"

On a more useful note, this thread is now the second listing in Google if you try to look up "Nasution Scuba Supply"

Maybe someone should change the thread title to reflect that it's a scam.

flots.

You guys could have just Western Unioned your money to me. I wouldn't have sent you any gear either, but I would have at least emailed a link of my diving trip to the Seychelles with Pamela Anderson to you.

Seriously though, you're admitting that you just didn't do any research on making a major internet purchase? The fact that nothing turns up on these Nasution guys should have warned you off.

Hello all

Welcome to SB. Sorry you got ripped off, but why did you wire the money? :confused: Their site says they take Paypal and the usual credit cards.

Just for future reference, any website that has only non-cancelable non-traceable payment methods is probably a scam.

Their only two payment methods are "western union" and "bank transfer"

On a more useful note, this thread is now the second listing in Google if you try to look up "Nasution Scuba Supply"

Maybe someone should change the thread title to reflect that it's a scam.

flots.
I'm looking at Nasution Scuba | Scuba Diving Equipment and I see Paypal and the usual credit cards.

I'd generally agree, don't wire money, with some rare exceptions. I also agree it'd just be insane to wire money to a company unknown on the internet other than their site and these 2 threads.

Also see http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/thumbs-down/458321-nasution-scuba-supply-scam.html

Sad you got conned,but yeah,never use an irreversable payment method. Least CCs and Paypal have some cover if you absolutely _must_ go on faith alone

Sidenote: Could notice that image is shooped instantly by looking - angle of typing making those little steps and pixellation shows bad editing,the viewing angle of the sign IRT the pic is wrong too

Welcome to SB. Sorry you got ripped off, but why did you wire the money? :confused: Their site says they take Paypal and the usual credit cards.

I'm looking at Nasution Scuba | Scuba Diving Equipment and I see Paypal and the usual credit cards.

I'd generally agree, don't wire money, with some rare exceptions. I also agree it'd just be insane to wire money to a company unknown on the internet other than their site and these 2 threads.

Also see http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/thumbs-down/458321-nasution-scuba-supply-scam.html

If you go through the shopping cart, at the very end the only options are "western union" and "bank transfer".

flots

If you go through the shopping cart, at the very end the only options are "western union" and "bank transfer".

flots
I see. I didn't go that far. I spend some hobby time busting online scammers (romance, advance fee, identity, etc.) and most of them go for Western Union money, with a few going for less known ways to move money internationally. This is one of the weakest looking scams I have seen, but I am sure a few fall for it - without even searching the company name.

I found some great deals on scuba gear at Nasution Scuba Supply. Does anyone know anything about them? Prices are very low. It makes me very leery. Located in Indonesia. Advertised as worlds largest scuba gear retailer. If anyone has any knowledge or experience with them I would appreciate it. I don't want to spend money on gear and never get anything. Thanks.

I'm curious. How did you find this place?

The only way I found them in google is by copying and pasting their full name.

flots

I think I typed in mk25 s600. I was looking for this regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom